Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > qualified name and unqualified name

qualified name and unqualified name

George2 George2 is offline
Senior Member

Hello everyone,

I have searched web, wikipedia and some books. But can not find a exact definition for what is qualified name and unqualified name. Here is a small part from Bjarne's book, for example.

I think qualified name means names with namespace qualifier in this context? Unqualified name means no namespace qualifier ahead of a name? Correct or not?

Not can an unqualified name used in a template ever be bound to a local name. Finally, even if a template is first used within a class, unqualified names used in the template will not be bound to members of that class. Ignoring lcoal names is essential to prevent a lot of nasty macro-like behavior.

section C.18.3.3 Point of Instantiation Binding

thanks in advance,
George