Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Installation of VS.NET 2003

Installation of VS.NET 2003

Jay

Hello all.

I am trying to install VS.NET 2003 and am having problems with disc2. It
keeps saying that it can't find files that are definatly there. Sometimes it
can't see the disc at all and I have to take the disc out and put it back in
so it is recognized. Has anyone else had this problem and found a remedy?
This really shouldn't have to be an all-day installation.

Thanks,

- Jerry

Steve C. Orr, MCSD

Sounds like a hardware problem. Perhaps a bad disk or a problem with the
drive. Is this the only disk that is having problems?

--
I hope this helps,
Steve C. Orr, MCSD

"Jay" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello all.
>
> I am trying to install VS.NET 2003 and am having problems with disc2. It
> keeps saying that it can't find files that are definatly there. Sometimes

it
> can't see the disc at all and I have to take the disc out and put it back

in
> so it is recognized. Has anyone else had this problem and found a remedy?
> This really shouldn't have to be an all-day installation.
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Jerry

Jay

Yes, only disc2. I've never had this happen with this CD-ROM drive before.
Must be an issue with the disc then.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...