Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > IE and Firefox problem

IE and Firefox problem

menaka

Hai ,

I do have the problem with IE6 and Mozilla Firefox display of Dropdown . Here
is the Problem,

In Mozilla Firefox , the dropdown for the advanced Search page displays all
the options , but in case of IE it shows only four of the whole collection
with cursor movement . IE contains all the options , but shows only four of
them.

and kindly follow the link

http://find.galegroup.com/gdl/dispAd...GroupName=gale

Could anyone say me the suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
MenakaPriya

John Hosking

menaka wrote:
> Hai ,

Blinky, dieses Post ist für dich.

> I do have the problem with IE6 and Mozilla Firefox display of Dropdown . Here
> is the Problem,
>
> In Mozilla Firefox , the dropdown for the advanced Search page displays all
> the options , but in case of IE it shows only four of the whole collection
> with cursor movement . IE contains all the options , but shows only four of
> them.
>
> and kindly follow the link
>
> http://find.galegroup.com/gdl/dispAd...GroupName=gale

When I don't accept cookies, I am taken to
http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galene...rv=no&ccheck=1
(which is a fantastic URL, BTW), where I am told that I am not
recognized as having access to this Thomson Gale Product:
"Temporary cookie support must be enabled in your browser in order to
use this product."

When I do accept cookies, I am routed to
http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galene...ssion&sserv=no
(another incredible URL), where I am prompted to enter my library card
number (which I don't have).

No dropdowns are in evidence in either case, ergo no dropdown display
problem.

My work here is dumb.

--
John
Read about the UIP: http://improve-usenet.org/

Jonathan N. Little

John Hosking wrote:
> menaka wrote:
>> Hai ,

> Blinky, dieses Post ist für dich.
>

>> I do have the problem with IE6 and Mozilla Firefox display of Dropdown
>> . Here
>> is the Problem,
>>
>> In Mozilla Firefox , the dropdown for the advanced Search page
>> displays all
>> the options , but in case of IE it shows only four of the whole
>> collection
>> with cursor movement . IE contains all the options , but shows only
>> four of
>> them.
>> and kindly follow the link
>> http://find.galegroup.com/gdl/dispAd...GroupName=gale
>>

> When I don't accept cookies, I am taken to
> http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galene...rv=no&ccheck=1
> (which is a fantastic URL, BTW), where I am told that I am not
> recognized as having access to this Thomson Gale Product:
> "Temporary cookie support must be enabled in your browser in order to
> use this product."
>
> When I do accept cookies, I am routed to
> http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galene...ssion&sserv=no
>
> (another incredible URL), where I am prompted to enter my library card
> number (which I don't have).
>
> No dropdowns are in evidence in either case, ergo no dropdown display
> problem.

Same scenario here, but form your description your "problem" is that you
want IE to should more options in a SELECT element when dropped down.
Answer is you cannot, it is "hardwired" behavior in IE.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

menaka via WebmasterKB.com

Hai John,

Thanks for your response... Sorry ... the url which have posted is asking for
password...
Could you plz enter the pwd: gale and try once. After that,it will redirect
you the corresponding
page.

Thanks in advance,
MenakaPriya

John Hosking wrote:
>> Hai ,

>Blinky, dieses Post ist für dich.
>
>> I do have the problem with IE6 and Mozilla Firefox display of Dropdown . Here
>> is the Problem,

>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>>
>> http://find.galegroup.com/gdl/dispAd...GroupName=gale

>When I don't accept cookies, I am taken to
>http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galene...rv=no&ccheck=1
> (which is a fantastic URL, BTW), where I am told that I am not
>recognized as having access to this Thomson Gale Product:
>"Temporary cookie support must be enabled in your browser in order to
>use this product."
>
>When I do accept cookies, I am routed to
>http://infotrac.galegroup.com/galene...ssion&sserv=no
>(another incredible URL), where I am prompted to enter my library card
>number (which I don't have).
>
>No dropdowns are in evidence in either case, ergo no dropdown display
>problem.
>
>My work here is dumb.

menaka via WebmasterKB.com

Hai Jonathan,

Thanks for your response for my post , sorry the url which I have posted
prompts for pwd,
Plz do enter password as gale and could try once again.

Waiting for suggestions,

Thanks in advance,
MenakaPriya

menaka via WebmasterKB.com wrote:
> Hai Jonathan,
>
> Thanks for your response for my post , sorry the url which I have posted
> prompts for pwd,
> Plz do enter password as gale and could try once again.
>
> Waiting for suggestions,

If you mean the first scrollable listbox, then specify the number of
visible rows with the size parameter:

<select name="selectedTab" multiple="multiple" id="selectContentArea"
size="14">

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Blinky the Shark

menaka via WebmasterKB.com wrote:

> Hai Jonathan,
>
> Thanks for your response for my post , sorry the url which I have posted
> prompts for pwd,
> Plz do enter password as gale and could try once again.
>
> Waiting for suggestions,

Get a real news client and dump the web interface kludge.

> Thanks in advance,
> MenakaPriya

>>[quoted text clipped - 29 lines]
>>> No dropdowns are in evidence in either case, ergo no dropdown display
>>> problem.

>>Same scenario here, but form your description your "problem" is that you
>>want IE to should more options in a SELECT element when dropped down.
>>Answer is you cannot, it is "hardwired" behavior in IE.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net