Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > [OT] A Word of Advice

[OT] A Word of Advice

Callenbach

Please forgive the intrusion. I have something
that my fellow Useneters should know. Please
pass this information on.

Over a week ago now, I bought an account at
"newsking" http://www.usenetnewserver.com.

Since then, not one of my posts has reached the
Usenet.

I have been mailing their support addresses
every day and have not received a reply.

Furthermore, when I download new posts from
their server, I only get about 2/3 of the
new posts that I get when I download new
posts from the free server at aioe.org.

I can prove the above. When I saw that something
was seriously wrong, I began running my news tools
in debugging mode, for usenetnewsserver and aioe, and
saved the logs, as well as keeping packet capture
logs for each session. They are available on my
FTP server by request.

Cal

Doug Jacobs

In alt.video.dvd Callenbach <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Since then, not one of my posts has reached the
> Usenet.

And we should care about this...because?

Take it up with your usenet provider, or get a different provider
altogether.

--
It's not broken. It's...advanced.