Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Sopranos get ditched.....finally!

Sopranos get ditched.....finally!

John Smith

Even if the show was fictional in every way, the producers, as well as
the networks have been sending the wrong message with the show. In my
opinion that message is "glorifying the life of a gangster" and
sending the message to kids that such a life is "cool".

As I recall, the show was cancelled once then brought back. Let us
hope and pray that this time it stays dead.

Blinky the Shark

John Smith wrote:

> Even if the show was fictional in every way, the producers, as well as
> the networks have been sending the wrong message with the show. In my
> opinion that message is "glorifying the life of a gangster" and
> sending the message to kids that such a life is "cool".
>
> As I recall, the show was cancelled once then brought back. Let us
> hope and pray that this time it stays dead.

Wasn't the final final episode last year?

Is there a time warp going on, here?

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Mikey

John Smith wrote:
> Even if the show was fictional in every way, the producers, as well as
> the networks have been sending the wrong message with the show. In my
> opinion that message is "glorifying the life of a gangster" and
> sending the message to kids that such a life is "cool".
>
> As I recall, the show was cancelled once then brought back. Let us
> hope and pray that this time it stays dead.

Erm its finished.... and gangsters were being glorified long before the
sopranos come along.... and on the scale of it some of the gangster
films & programmes I've seen make the sopranos look like the osmond's .
Better dust that placard off you've got some protesting to do....

Tony Pacc

forgtaboutit
"John Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Even if the show was fictional in every way, the producers, as well as
> the networks have been sending the wrong message with the show. In my
> opinion that message is "glorifying the life of a gangster" and
> sending the message to kids that such a life is "cool".
>
> As I recall, the show was cancelled once then brought back. Let us
> hope and pray that this time it stays dead.

Lookout

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 23:35:07 -0500, John Smith <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Even if the show was fictional in every way, the producers, as well as
>the networks have been sending the wrong message with the show. In my
>opinion that message is "glorifying the life of a gangster" and
>sending the message to kids that such a life is "cool".
>
>As I recall, the show was cancelled once then brought back. Let us
>hope and pray that this time it stays dead.

It was a night time soap opera as bad as Dallas and Dynasty.
Admit it...you were watching it wearing your mother's nightie while
you ironed.