Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > printf() and scanf() questions

printf() and scanf() questions

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Martin Ambuhl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Mark McIntyre wrote:
>> Martin Ambuhl wrote:
>>>
>>> I have mercifully snipped the remainder of your nonsense.

>> You really are a tit, aren't you?
>>
>>> I have. I know what I'm talking about.

>> Yeah? Then why do you get often stuff wrong ?

>Let's see your evidence for that.
>>
>>> You haven't a clue.

>> Sometimes. At least I'm not an obnoxious prat when I'm trying to help
>> people.

>Since you don't actually help anyone with your absurd misreading of the
>standard, and you are obviously obnoxious when you incorectly "correct"
>my correct posts, I'd say you will the obnoxious unelpful person award.

Can't you two just go get a room somewhere?

Why am I reminded of Bill & Geraldo?

Richard

Mark McIntyre <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Martin Ambuhl wrote:
>> Mark McIntyre wrote:
>>> 7.19.6.2(12)
>>> "a,e,f,g Matches an optionally signed floating-point number,
>>> whose format is the same as expected for the subject sequence of
>>> the strtod function. The corresponding argument shall be a pointer
>>> to floating."
>>>
>>> Note that strtod converts its argument to a double.
>>>
>>> Myself, I suspect this part of the Standard needs reworded.

>> Yourself, you need to read. "a,e,f,g" in the above refers to the
>> conversion operation and are not full specifiers. "%f" is a
>> specifier, in which the optional size specification is empty. It is
>> not the same thing at all.

> So what you're saying is that in this part of the Standard, and
> nowhere else, they chose a different language to express the same
> thing. So oy original point about the language stands.
>
> Either that, or you're talking twaddle to hide the fact that you
> didn't actually know what the Standard said.
>
>> I have mercifully snipped the remainder of your nonsense.

> And I've mercifully snipped the remainder of your tripe.
>
> You know, you would be regarded as more helpful if you weren't such an
> arrogant and rude poster.

I've heard it all now!

Astonishing.

Richard

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Kenny McCormack) writes:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Martin Ambuhl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Mark McIntyre wrote:

>>> You really are a tit, aren't you?

>>> Yeah? Then why do you get often stuff wrong ?

>>Let's see your evidence for that.

>>> Sometimes. At least I'm not an obnoxious prat when I'm trying to help
>>> people.

>>Since you don't actually help anyone with your absurd misreading of the
>>standard, and you are obviously obnoxious when you incorectly "correct"
>>my correct posts, I'd say you will the obnoxious unelpful person award.

> Can't you two just go get a room somewhere?

Come on, Martin is ok. Mark McIntyre is continually a pretentious little
twit with Healthfield'esque levels of self regard.

Antoninus Twink

On 6 Mar 2008 at 22:46, Kenny McCormack wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Martin Ambuhl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Mark McIntyre wrote:

>>> You really are a tit, aren't you?

>>> Yeah? Then why do you get often stuff wrong ?

>>Let's see your evidence for that.

>>> Sometimes. At least I'm not an obnoxious prat when I'm trying to help
>>> people.

>>Since you don't actually help anyone with your absurd misreading of the
>>standard, and you are obviously obnoxious when you incorectly "correct"
>>my correct posts, I'd say you will the obnoxious unelpful person award.

> Can't you two just go get a room somewhere?

No way - it's too much fun for the rest of us watching the two CLC
psychos-in-chief ripping each other to bits... (a nice change from the
usual game of them both ganging up on Jacob or a newbie)

jacob navia

Kenny McCormack wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Martin Ambuhl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Mark McIntyre wrote:
>>> You really are a tit, aren't you?

>>> Yeah? Then why do you get often stuff wrong ?

>> Let's see your evidence for that.
>>> Sometimes. At least I'm not an obnoxious prat when I'm trying to help
>>> people.

>> Since you don't actually help anyone with your absurd misreading of the
>> standard, and you are obviously obnoxious when you incorectly "correct"
>> my correct posts, I'd say you will the obnoxious unelpful person award.

> Can't you two just go get a room somewhere?

No!!!

I am fixing this bug in the VLA stuff, and I need them
BUSY...

They completely forgot my bug!

--
jacob navia
jacob at jacob point remcomp point fr

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Antoninus Twink <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 6 Mar 2008 at 22:46, Kenny McCormack wrote:
>> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
>> Martin Ambuhl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Let's see your evidence for that.

>>>Since you don't actually help anyone with your absurd misreading of the
>>>standard, and you are obviously obnoxious when you incorectly "correct"
>>>my correct posts, I'd say you will the obnoxious unelpful person award.

>> Can't you two just go get a room somewhere?

>No way - it's too much fun for the rest of us watching the two CLC
>psychos-in-chief ripping each other to bits... (a nice change from the
>usual game of them both ganging up on Jacob or a newbie)

Can't argue with that.

Kenny McCormack

In article <fqpsrm$et2$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Come on, Martin is ok. Mark McIntyre is continually a pretentious little
>twit with Healthfield'esque levels of self regard.

Maybe in terms of "correctness", but that's hardly my main concern.
As we all know, the CLC concept of "correctness" is all BS anyway.

But in terms of pure savagery ("Big Dog"), Marty is hard to beat.
Not just here, either. He also posts in rec.games.bridge - and pretty
much in the same style. What he hopes to accomplsh, I have no idea.

Martin Ambuhl

jacob navia wrote:
> Kenny McCormack wrote his usual vacuous stuff,

> No!!!
>
> I am fixing this bug in the VLA stuff, and I need them
> BUSY...
>
> They completely forgot my bug!

Jacob, I'll not thank you for posting Kenny's trolling through my
filters. However, I look forward to your completion of the fixes to VLA
implementation in lcc-win32. I have every confidence that you will
succeed in this. If you need it, I wish you good luck.

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Martin Ambuhl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>jacob navia wrote:
>> Kenny McCormack wrote his usual vacuous stuff,

>> No!!!
>>
>> I am fixing this bug in the VLA stuff, and I need them
>> BUSY...
>>
>> They completely forgot my bug!

>Jacob, I'll not thank you for posting Kenny's trolling through my
>filters.

I'll bet Jacob is crushed.

>However, I look forward to your completion of the fixes to VLA
>implementation in lcc-win32. I have every confidence that you will
>succeed in this. If you need it, I wish you good luck.

I'll bet Jacob is thrilled.

Richard

(E-Mail Removed) (Kenny McCormack) writes:

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Martin Ambuhl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>jacob navia wrote:
>>> Kenny McCormack wrote his usual vacuous stuff,

>>> No!!!
>>>
>>> I am fixing this bug in the VLA stuff, and I need them
>>> BUSY...
>>>
>>> They completely forgot my bug!

>>Jacob, I'll not thank you for posting Kenny's trolling through my
>>filters.

> I'll bet Jacob is crushed.
>
>>However, I look forward to your completion of the fixes to VLA
>>implementation in lcc-win32. I have every confidence that you will
>>succeed in this. If you need it, I wish you good luck.

> I'll bet Jacob is thrilled.

Hmm. I take the earlier comment back. This is almost RH Gold.