Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Can't connect to internet

Can't connect to internet

hellboy

I have 2 PCs in my house both connected via wireless router to cable
modem. A desktop running XP and a laptop running Vista. The desktop
will connect to the network and internet without a problem. The
laptop connects to the network but cannot access the internet. I've
tried reseting the router, modem, rebooting but nothing seems to be
working.

smlunatick

On Mar 5, 12:54*pm, hellboy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have 2 PCs in my house both connected via wireless router to cable
> modem. *A desktop running XP and a laptop running Vista. *The desktop
> will connect to the network and internet without a problem. *The
> laptop connects to the network but cannot access the internet. *I've
> tried reseting the *router, modem, rebooting but nothing seems to be
> working.

There is info that some routers DHCP sercices are not completely
compatible with Vista .

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
Can you elaborate on what "Can connect to the network" actually means?
Can you transfer Files between the two computers?
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...