Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Windows success, KDE failure

Windows success, KDE failure

MartinRinehart@gmail.com

I've got the formal syntax of the Python language defined in HTML/
Javascript, at
http://www.MartinRinehart.com/articl...n-grammar.html

It's got a little top frame that shows a single definition. When you
click on a defined term in the definition (right side) part of the
main frame, the main frame moves that term to top in itself and also
pops it into the top frame, via this little bit of JavaScript:

<script type='text/javascript'>

function jump( defName ) {

url = '#'+defName
parent.list.location=url
jumpUrl = "python-grammar2.html" + url
parent.jump.location=jumpUrl

} // end of jump()

</script>

Problem is that this fails in Konqueror, which is generally an
excellent (Opera-quality) browser. The top frame, "jump" ignores the
'#xxx' part of the URL and just shows the top of the page.

Any ideas?

Toby A Inkster

MartinRinehart wrote:

> Problem is that this fails in Konqueror, which is generally an excellent
> (Opera-quality) browser. The top frame, "jump" ignores the '#xxx' part
> of the URL and just shows the top of the page.

Seems to work fine here (Konq 3.5.9).

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
[OS: Linux 2.6.17.14-mm-desktop-9mdvsmp, up 36 days, 16:41.]

Bottled Water
http://tobyinkster.co.uk/blog/2008/02/18/bottled-water/

MartinRinehart@gmail.com

Toby A Inkster wrote:
> Seems to work fine here (Konq 3.5.9).

Thanks, Toby. I guess I need to upgrade my 3.3.