Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > Any good HD-DVD clearance sales?

Any good HD-DVD clearance sales?

elrous0@pop.uky.edu

I would have expected to start seeing to good HD-DVD clearance sales
by now. I was really hoping to see some bargains out there on some
movies/boxsets/etc. But so far, zilch.

Anyone seen any good clearance sales on the yet?

T.B.

>I would have expected to start seeing to good HD-DVD clearance sales
> by now. I was really hoping to see some bargains out there on some
> movies/boxsets/etc. But so far, zilch.
>
> Anyone seen any good clearance sales on the yet?

Best Buy currently has a 30% off retail on all titles and hardware. Some of
their older players are heavily discounted far beyond 30%. Not a great deal
overall, but obviously a start. DVD Planet which is local to me has been
selling used HD-DVD (and a few BR) titles for about $10 - $15 but they have
yet to discount their new stock. It also appears some chains are simply
returning discs and hardware and not bothering to sell at a discount to move
merchandise. Several Virgin Music stores in my area recently completely
cleared out all their HD-DVD stock from shelves over a weekend without
bothering to discount sell them.

T.B.

Bob Bohling

Saw Costco was getting rid of the remaining Toshiba players for $99

Tarkus

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I would have expected to start seeing to good HD-DVD clearance sales
> by now. I was really hoping to see some bargains out there on some
> movies/boxsets/etc. But so far, zilch.
>
> Anyone seen any good clearance sales on the yet?

Why bother? Toshiba is now saying upconversion of regular DVDs is
virtually the same as HD DVD.

UltimatePatriot

On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:57:04 -0800, "T.B." <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Best Buy currently has a 30% off retail on all titles and hardware.

Whoopie ****ing doo. Since they originally mark everything at MSRP,
which only they, Circuit City and the like do, 30% off that doesn't even
beat Amazon.

skip

"Bob Bohling" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Saw Costco was getting rid of the remaining Toshiba players for $99

Great deAl the upconverting is super on those machines

Alfred Kaufmann

I have seen nothing on sale for HD-DVDs but players have dropped in
value a bit and come with 7 free HD-DVDs. Stuff they could sell if
they tried!

Al

wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
>>I would have expected to start seeing to good HD-DVD clearance sales
>> by now. I was really hoping to see some bargains out there on some
>> movies/boxsets/etc. But so far, zilch.
>>
>> Anyone seen any good clearance sales on the yet?

>Best Buy currently has a 30% off retail on all titles and hardware. Some of
>their older players are heavily discounted far beyond 30%. Not a great deal
>overall, but obviously a start. DVD Planet which is local to me has been
>selling used HD-DVD (and a few BR) titles for about $10 - $15 but they have
>yet to discount their new stock. It also appears some chains are simply
>returning discs and hardware and not bothering to sell at a discount to move
>merchandise. Several Virgin Music stores in my area recently completely
>cleared out all their HD-DVD stock from shelves over a weekend without
>bothering to discount sell them.
>
>T.B.

Samer thing happened at A&B Sound here. I guess they can get more
money returning them than selling them.

Al

Alfred Kaufmann

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 09:11:38 -0800, Tarkus
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> I would have expected to start seeing to good HD-DVD clearance sales
>> by now. I was really hoping to see some bargains out there on some
>> movies/boxsets/etc. But so far, zilch.
>>
>> Anyone seen any good clearance sales on the yet?

>Why bother? Toshiba is now saying upconversion of regular DVDs is
>virtually the same as HD DVD.

Of course if that is true, we were scammed paying for high definition
dvds!

Al

Jim Reid

Movie Trading Company in Dallas (owned by Blockbuster) is selling all
their HD DVD movies for 14.99. They don't have much of a stock and no
box sets. I had a big credit with them a while back and tried to get
them to order the Harry Potter box set for me, but they never would.

Good deals on clearance stuff - Bobb - Computer Information 0 11-29-2009 01:57 PM
Clearance sales!!! sshantrail UK VOIP 2 09-06-2007 11:23 AM
selective clearance of google history Seeker Computer Support 6 07-03-2005 03:52 PM
OT Security Clearance Rick MCSE 19 11-14-2003 06:47 PM

Advertisments