Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > running an mgcp-client

running an mgcp-client

stewdi stewdi is offline
Junior Member

Hello, I try to run a telephone using MGCP with an asterisk-server.

I always thought the protocol is just for the usage of gateways. But there are some phones using it at all. so i just got such a phone.

after setting everything up the phone was not able to register at the asterisk server. heres my configuration:

mgcp.conf

[general]
port = 2727
bindaddr = 192.168.1.1

[192.168.1.225]
context=default
host=192.168.1.225
callerid="5001" <5001>
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
nat=no
line => aaln/1

extensions.conf

exten => _50XX,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/1@192.168.1.225)

so the problem is, that the phone is not able to register at the server!

can anyone help me?

Running,Running! audit2 Firefox 1 02-01-2008 09:27 PM
Running into MTU issues with VPN running on Cisco 7206VXR amit1017 Cisco 1 10-18-2007 01:03 PM
modify a long-running python script while it is running? Benjamin Rutt Python 2 12-20-2005 01:42 PM
Can't get LinkSys WPC54G Version 4 running forbrich Wireless Networking 2 11-06-2004 02:25 PM
I'm trying to network a deasktop running 98SE and a laptop running XP. Marc Computer Support 8 11-19-2003 03:01 AM

Advertisments