Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How to increase wav file volume?

How to increase wav file volume?

John Brown

Is there a way of increasing the volume of a wav file?
I've downloaded a wav file - its not very loud even when the volume setting
on my pc is set to max...anyway of doing this?
Thanks

meerkat

"John Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fqlrrd$l1t$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way of increasing the volume of a wav file?
> I've downloaded a wav file - its not very loud even when the volume
> setting on my pc is set to max...anyway of doing this?
> Thanks

Audacity (sound file editor, its free)
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Bill P

"John Brown" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fqlrrd$l1t$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is there a way of increasing the volume of a wav file?
> I've downloaded a wav file - its not very loud even when the volume
> setting on my pc is set to max...anyway of doing this?
> Thanks

Hi
Have you tried double clicking the volume icon and increasing the wav volume
from there ?
Regards Bill

John Brown

Yes tried that. Audacity did the trick though. Cheers. J
news:fqmt5m$amp$(E-Mail Removed)...