Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > remove java project package from Eclipse

remove java project package from Eclipse

goedelsch@gmail.com

Does anyone know how to completely remove a package from Eclipse? I
backed up all my .java source code and deleted the files from the
Eclipse workspace, and deleted the project which corresponded to the
package I was writing. However, when I go to create a new package
with the same name as the deleted one, it says I can't do it. I don't
understand where Eclipse retains information about packages and files
associated with a package ... it seems to be not the file system.
I've seen reference to a database that Eclipse maintains, is there
someway to edit that database?

best,

David

vjg

On Mar 4, 9:00*pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Does anyone know how to completely remove a package from Eclipse? *I
> backed up all my .java source code and deleted the files from the
> Eclipse workspace, and deleted the project which corresponded to the
> package I was writing. *However, when I go to create a new package
> with the same name as the deleted one, it says I can't do it. *I don't
> understand where Eclipse retains information about packages and files
> associated with a package ... it seems to be not the file system.
> I've seen reference to a database that Eclipse maintains, is there
> someway to edit that database?
>
> best,
>
> David

What is your exact error message... because what you describe doesn't
make sense to me. The exact message might give us a better clue as to
what is going on.

- Virgil

David

On Mar 4, 10:42 pm, vjg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mar 4, 9:00 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know how to completely remove a package from Eclipse? I
> > backed up all my .java source code and deleted the files from the
> > Eclipse workspace, and deleted the project which corresponded to the
> > package I was writing. However, when I go to create a new package
> > with the same name as the deleted one, it says I can't do it. I don't
> > understand where Eclipse retains information about packages and files
> > associated with a package ... it seems to be not the file system.
> > I've seen reference to a database that Eclipse maintains, is there
> > someway to edit that database?

> > best,

> > David

> What is your exact error message... because what you describe doesn't
> make sense to me. The exact message might give us a better clue as to
> what is going on.
>
> - Virgil

Hi Virgil,

Thanks for replying, the message was (I'm not at work now) that the
package already existed. I reached a point where I wanted to make a
package named, say XXX, but Eclipse said this package already
existed. The package certainly had existed, but I thought I deleted
it.

best,

David

vjg

Mar 4, 10:00*pm, David <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Mar 4, 10:42 pm, vjg <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

> > On Mar 4, 9:00 pm, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> > > Does anyone know how to completely remove a package from Eclipse? *I
> > > backed up all my .java source code and deleted the files from the
> > > Eclipse workspace, and deleted the project which corresponded to the
> > > package I was writing. *However, when I go to create a new package
> > > with the same name as the deleted one, it says I can't do it. *I don't
> > > understand where Eclipse retains information about packages and files
> > > associated with a package ... it seems to be not the file system.
> > > I've seen reference to a database that Eclipse maintains, is there
> > > someway to edit that database?

> > > best,

> > > David

> > What is your exact error message... because what you describe doesn't
> > make sense to me. The exact message might give us a better clue as to
> > what is going on.

> > *- Virgil

> Hi Virgil,
>
> Thanks for replying, the message was (I'm not at work now) that the
> package already existed. *I reached a point where I wanted to make a
> package named, say XXX, but Eclipse said this package already
> existed. *The package certainly had existed, but I thought I deleted
> it.
>
> best,
>
> David- Hide quoted text -

I'm really not sure what you're seeing. You said you deleted the
project. Did you create a new one with the same name? Check the
project properties to get the location of your project and confirm
that there are no directories present whose name would conflict with
the package name you are trying to create.

- Virgil

Sanny

On Mar 5, 8:00*am, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Does anyone know how to completely remove a package from Eclipse? *I
> backed up all my .java source code and deleted the files from the
> Eclipse workspace, and deleted the project which corresponded to the
> package I was writing. *However, when I go to create a new package
> with the same name as the deleted one, it says I can't do it. *I don't
> understand where Eclipse retains information about packages and files
> associated with a package ... it seems to be not the file system.
> I've seen reference to a database that Eclipse maintains, is there
> someway to edit that database?
>
> best,
>
> David

Man, Create a new Workspace. And run your Project from that Workspace.

Bye
Sanny

Looking for Experts: http://www.getclub.com/Experts.php