Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > XML Schema validation in Python

XML Schema validation in Python

Medhat.Gayed@gmail.com

I tested and tried a few XML validators but none of them is able to
successfully validate a string of xml (not a file just a string) to
programatically be able to validate messages of xml that flow in and
out of the different systems. The validators I used were XSV, oNVDL
and lxml, can we implement a pure python module for validating strings
of xml using XML Schema (not DTD) ?

Stefan Behnel

> I tested and tried a few XML validators but none of them is able to
> successfully validate a string of xml (not a file just a string) to
> programatically be able to validate messages of xml that flow in and
> out of the different systems.

http://codespeak.net/lxml/tutorial.h...ings-and-files
http://codespeak.net/lxml/validation...-at-parse-time
http://codespeak.net/lxml/validation.html#xmlschema