Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Nervous wreck -- Looking for medical support group or forum

Nervous wreck -- Looking for medical support group or forum

DemoDisk

An ongoing crisis has been wearing me out completeley. For over thirty
years I've lived with Pete, who is now 85. We're companions, not father
and son, but may as well be, since we have no other family.

Two weeks ago, he was hospitalized in a medical emergency and now faces
another stretch in a nursing/rehab facility. I don't know if he'll
recover completely.

The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.

Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!

JPM

John Holmes

DemoDisk "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> An ongoing crisis has been wearing me out completeley. For over thirty
> years I've lived with Pete, who is now 85. We're companions, not father
> and son, but may as well be, since we have no other family.
>
> Two weeks ago, he was hospitalized in a medical emergency and now faces
> another stretch in a nursing/rehab facility. I don't know if he'll
> recover completely.
>
> The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
> before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
> way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.
>
> Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
> can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!
>
> JPM

Go here:
http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/center_index.php?id=9

--
Your mother was a self-centred washroom attendant who befriended apes
with a group of train spotters.

Mike Easter

DemoDisk wrote:

> The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
> before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
> way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.

That sounds perfectly normal to me.

> Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
> can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!

I'm not hearing anything that sounds like it would benefit from a
support group, unless you mean someplace that you can gain a better
understanding of the actual medical (and placement) condition/situation
and how that relates to Pete's (and your) needs.

It doesn't sound like you need 'support' for your sleep deprivation,
exhaustion, or depression.

--
Mike Easter

G. Morgan

DemoDisk wrote:

>An ongoing crisis has been wearing me out completeley. For over thirty
>years I've lived with Pete, who is now 85. We're companions, not father
>and son, but may as well be, since we have no other family.
>
>Two weeks ago, he was hospitalized in a medical emergency and now faces
>another stretch in a nursing/rehab facility. I don't know if he'll
>recover completely.
>
>The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
>before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
>way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.
>
>Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
>can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!
>
>JPM

news:/alt.support.anxiety.panic.moderated has some nice folks.

--

I kill all Google Group posts, you can too.
Take back Usenet <--> http://improve-usenet.org

Bucky Breeder

"DemoDisk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> An ongoing crisis has been wearing me out completeley. For over thirty
> years I've lived with Pete, who is now 85. We're companions, not father
> and son, but may as well be, since we have no other family.
>
> Two weeks ago, he was hospitalized in a medical emergency and now faces
> another stretch in a nursing/rehab facility. I don't know if he'll
> recover completely.
>
> The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
> before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
> way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.
>
> Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
> can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!
>
> JPM

In all seriousness, get a good night's sleep for yourself
so you can be in shape to help others. At some point, it's
all in God's hands and everything will work out exactly like
it should. In any case, you must take care of yourself so
that you will be in a position to help someone else when the
time comes to pass. Don't take drugs, don't drink alcohol,
and stay away from cigarettes. Prayer is a damn handy tool
in times like these - both for you and for your loved ones.
Good luck and best regards.

--

My name is Bucky Breeder and I approve this message!

"It is of interest to note that while some dolphins
are reported to have learned English -- up to fifty
words used in correct context -- no human being
has been reported to have learned dolphinese."
-- Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lcmNaXmjvs

Lookout

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 15:20:19 -0600, "DemoDisk" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>An ongoing crisis has been wearing me out completeley. For over thirty
>years I've lived with Pete, who is now 85. We're companions, not father
>and son, but may as well be, since we have no other family.
>
>Two weeks ago, he was hospitalized in a medical emergency and now faces
>another stretch in a nursing/rehab facility. I don't know if he'll
>recover completely.
>
>The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
>before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
>way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.
>
>Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
>can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!
>
>JPM

The hospital has all the resources you need. Ask a nurse for help.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"DemoDisk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
>before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
>way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.

For sleep there is Melatonin, I take 6 mg and sleep well. You can
purchase this at any walmart or drug store, needs no prescription (in
the US); and it's suppose to be very good for you as well
(antioxidant). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin

And to quote Bucky Breeder "Prayer is a damn handy tool
in times like these." It does wonders for my Mom when things look dim
for her.
--

"Its 'war on terror' NOT 'war on terrier' you dumb f*ck!!"
http://tinyurl.com/2hdure

Lookout

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:41:39 -0800, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> "DemoDisk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
>>before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
>>way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.

>For sleep there is Melatonin, I take 6 mg and sleep well. You can
>purchase this at any walmart or drug store, needs no prescription (in
>the US); and it's suppose to be very good for you as well
>(antioxidant). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin
>
>And to quote Bucky Breeder "Prayer is a damn handy tool
>in times like these." It does wonders for my Mom when things look dim
>for her.

Prayer is a joke.

Dan C

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:20:19 -0600, DemoDisk wrote:

> An ongoing crisis has been wearing me out completeley. For over thirty
> years I've lived with Pete, who is now 85. We're companions, not father
> and son, but may as well be, since we have no other family.
>
> Two weeks ago, he was hospitalized in a medical emergency and now faces
> another stretch in a nursing/rehab facility. I don't know if he'll
> recover completely.
>
> The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never faced
> before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out. I'm
> way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.
>
> Can anyone here direct me to support groups and resources online that
> can help me deal with this trouble? Come on, 24HS.HD !!

I'd recommend you just start drinking heavily, and those other problems
will go away. Start with bourbon, and move up to tequila. Good luck!

DemoDisk

"Lookout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 15:41:39 -0800, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> > "DemoDisk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >>The strain of contending with doctors and situations I've never

faced
> >>before and sitting with Pete morning and evening has worn me out.

I'm
> >>way short of sleep, exhausted, and depressed.

> >For sleep there is Melatonin, I take 6 mg and sleep well. You can
> >purchase this at any walmart or drug store, needs no prescription (in
> >the US); and it's suppose to be very good for you as well
> >(antioxidant). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin
> >
> >And to quote Bucky Breeder "Prayer is a damn handy tool
> >in times like these." It does wonders for my Mom when things look dim
> >for her.

> Prayer is a joke.

Oh, I get it! Haha! I was just wasting so much time....

nervous philo Computer Support 4 12-24-2005 01:48 AM
Microsoft Service Makes Users Nervous Tech.News Computer Support 2 08-30-2004 11:58 PM
Nervous for first Test Glitch MCSE 19 08-24-2004 06:40 AM
GIGLI: Terrible, But No Train Wreck. Scot Gardner DVD Video 9 11-13-2003 03:05 PM

Advertisments