Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Ipod Toucj help

Ipod Toucj help

Steve

Hello,
My neighbors daughters both received an Ipod Touch as a gift
and are having trouble connecting them to their "old" computer. From
what I read you need a USB 2 port to make them work, their system only
has 1.1. Does anyone know a work around? Would a USB 2 PCI card add
USB 2 or does the motherboard have to be USB 2?

Baron

Steve wrote:

> Hello,
> My neighbors daughters both received an Ipod Touch as a gift
> and are having trouble connecting them to their "old" computer. From
> what I read you need a USB 2 port to make them work, their system only
> has 1.1. Does anyone know a work around? Would a USB 2 PCI card add
> USB 2 or does the motherboard have to be USB 2?

Just add a USB2 card.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Jeff Strickland

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
> My neighbors daughters both received an Ipod Touch as a gift
> and are having trouble connecting them to their "old" computer. From
> what I read you need a USB 2 port to make them work, their system only
> has 1.1. Does anyone know a work around? Would a USB 2 PCI card add
> USB 2 or does the motherboard have to be USB 2?

Yes, a PCI card with USB ports will be USB2.0. They make them with 4 ports,
you probably want that many. They also make an extension cord that will let
you bring one port to the front of the machine so you don't always have to
get to the back to plug in the flash drive or whatever USB device you are
using at the time.

This should resolve the problem for you.