Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > router

router

=?Utf-8?B?amFrZQ==?=

i have just purchased a router and my dsl broadband hasn't got a rj45
connector on it what should i do?

Chuck

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 08:17:02 -0800, "jake" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>i have just purchased a router and my dsl broadband hasn't got a rj45
>connector on it what should i do?

Jake,

Does your DSL modem have a USB connector? If so, you have only 2 choices:
1) Take the modem back to your ISP and ask for an Ethernet model.
2) Connect the modem to one of your computers. Do you have more than one
computer? If so, you can still use the router, but it will be as a hub /
switch, not a router.

--
Cheers,
Chuck

Jack \(MVP\)

Hi

Chuck's first solution is your best choice.

However if you can not exchange a USB modem for free, I would choose a
second solution buying an External Ethernet DSL Modem. Example:
http://www.dslmodemsdirect.com/ModemModels/5515.htm

Why? Because you would be able to use your new Router. DSL is better and
safer with a Router: http://www.ezlan.net/PPPOE.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...