Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Information > Outlook/Express

Outlook/Express

- Bobb -

"STEPHEN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> thanks done that. I have rebooted the PC and the mail is coming through.
> What I have noticed or have done is not open OUTLOOK and the mail comes
> through to EXPRESS, is this normal?

YES.
The EMAIL is ON the server - how you fetch it is up to you.
If you do leave a copy on the server, when you open Outlook, IT will ALSO
download them all. If you do NOT want that, either delete the emails after
fetching in OE, or set Outlook to NOT automatically fetch email.
Places online to walk you thru that : step by step.

> news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>> "STEPHEN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I have done what you have all said, but I am still getting mail coming
>>>through in "OUTLOOK" and not Express. I have had email in Express
>>>though. I am getting mail now in " Outlook" and in "Express" which I
>>>find odd
>>>
>>> I haven't turned off my pc for a couple of days now, so what the be
>>> the problem?

>> Stephen,
>>
>> I had asked you:

>> Is this an ISP email - your Office's server etc. ? ( If a business
>> environment, perhaps your office does NOT want Express. In the business
>> world most companies do NOT allow you to use Express - they want the
>> security of Outlook. )
>>
>> If not the case and by "getting thru both" you mean that you CAN fetch
>> mail thru either email app , and it works -- you're right.
>> " Making it your default" means ONLY that when you choose "Send an
>> email" it will open .. whatever you chose.
>> If you do not OPEN Outlook, then all of your mail with come thru ...
>> Express.
>> I have both on my PC and if I open either each, that app will fetch all
>> available email waiting for me on the email server.
>>
>> You said -
>> " I recently had my PC updated and to my horror my Emails are coming
>> through in outlook. "
>>
>> I/we still do not know WHY you have/use Outlook - give us details if
>> you need more help. Not cuz we're nosy - it's because we need to
>> UNDERSTAND what you're trying to do ( why did you buy Outlook etc)
>>
>> IF when you/spouse fetch email with Outlook, and it is then DELETED on
>> the server ( so " nothing coming thru Express") , then change your
>> options on both apps to LEAVE on server until deleted. You could then
>> fetch on both as you choose.
>>
>> Bobb

STEPHEN

Cheers M8