Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Roles usernames

Roles usernames

Benn H.J. Molund

Benn H.J. Molund wrote:
Hi,

I want to use our DB for providing Roles and User's in our ASP.NET
app. Any good tutorials?
And is there any tutorial on aspnet-regsql tool? I have trouble with
register our DB as a role provider. aspnet.regsql can't find the DB
hosted localy in my Vista machine

--
Projectleader / .NET system devloper

Kevin Spencer

Here's a good one from the MSDN Library online:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8fw7xh74.aspx

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Chicken Salad Surgeon
Microsoft MVP

"Benn H.J. Molund" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Benn H.J. Molund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to use our DB for providing Roles and User's in our ASP.NET
> app. Any good tutorials?
> And is there any tutorial on aspnet-regsql tool? I have trouble with
> register our DB as a role provider. aspnet.regsql can't find the DB
> hosted localy in my Vista machine
>
> --
> Projectleader / .NET system devloper

Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]

Not to sound like a broken MP3, but the best tutorial for all this basic
ASP.NET stuff is the Quickstarts at the ASP.NET web site. QUICKSTARTS also
installs with the .NET Framework SDK to use locally.
-- Peter
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Short Urls & more: http://ittyurl.net