Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Im'Hopeless At This

Im'Hopeless At This

Old Fart

Hi All,
I have just spent 2 hours trying to build an email form that can
send bookings with numerous details to me
and I give up this old brain cant get around it

So could some-one please send me to a ready made form site if
possible please

The Old Fart
Work A Dirty 4 Letter Word

richard

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 04:38:24 GMT, "Old Fart" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Hi All,
> I have just spent 2 hours trying to build an email form that can
>send bookings with numerous details to me
> and I give up this old brain cant get around it
>
> So could some-one please send me to a ready made form site if
>possible please
>
>The Old Fart
>Work A Dirty 4 Letter Word

www.cgiconnection.com

assuming you know a bit about working with cgi.
and have a domain.

Travis Newbury

On Mar 3, 1:37 am, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >I have just spent 2 hours trying to build an email form that can
> >send bookings with numerous details to me
> >and I give up this old brain cant get around it
> >So could some-one please send me to a ready made form site if
> >possible please

> www.cgiconnection.com
> assuming you know a bit about working with cgi.
> and have a domain.

Based on the OP's post I am guessing that may not be a good
assumption...

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Old Fart"
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:4hLyj.21678$(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi All,
> I have just spent 2 hours trying to build an email form
> that can
> send bookings with numerous details to me
> and I give up this old brain cant get around it
>
> So could some-one please send me to a ready made form site
> if
> possible please

It depends on what you have available on the server. Forms are
processed server side.

It's also not a good idea to put a form into an email. There are a lot
of people whose email does not, or will not, display HTML. Give the
recipient a link to a page on the site that has the form.

You will also probably want to keep records in a database. Again, you
will have to find out what is available on the server.

> The Old Fart
> Work A Dirty 4 Letter Word

Please fix your signature. A signature should have two dashes followed
by a space and a carriage return - conforming news clients will then
snip the signature on reply.

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

richard

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 01:56:29 -0800 (PST), Travis Newbury
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mar 3, 1:37 am, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> >I have just spent 2 hours trying to build an email form that can
>> >send bookings with numerous details to me
>> >and I give up this old brain cant get around it
>> >So could some-one please send me to a ready made form site if
>> >possible please

>> www.cgiconnection.com
>> assuming you know a bit about working with cgi.
>> and have a domain.

>Based on the OP's post I am guessing that may not be a good
>assumption...

email form tells me this will be handled most likely by the server.
with is short description, that further tells me that he would need
something that works server side. most websites include cgi. ergo, if
he has the knowledge to work with cgi, then that may be one solution.
I know for a fact that this particular website has an email form maker
in cgi and could be what he's looking for.

I am not aware that html can handle email forms. JS might but that may
cause more problems than it's worth.

Travis Newbury

On Mar 4, 1:55 am, richard <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >Based on the OP's post I am guessing that may not be a good
> >assumption...

> if he has the knowledge to work with cgi...

It did not sound as if he did have that knowledge to me.

Jonathan N. Little

richard wrote:

> I am not aware that html can handle email forms.

I cannot processes forms data. HTML is just markup.

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

Old Fart

>> >Based on the OP's post I am guessing that may not be a good
>> >assumption...

>> if he has the knowledge to work with cgi...

> It did not sound as if he did have that knowledge to me.

Well you are all right I don't know anything about cgi and side servers
so it looks like I got some learning to do
1/ basically I need a server to host the program ?
2/ and that server then forwards the info to my email ?
3/ then I need the page and code to do the job ?

Thanks All
--
The Old Fart
Work A Dirty 4 Letter Word

C A Upsdell

Old Fart wrote:
>>> if he has the knowledge to work with cgi...

>> It did not sound as if he did have that knowledge to me.

> Well you are all right I don't know anything about cgi and side servers
> so it looks like I got some learning to do
> 1/ basically I need a server to host the program ?
> 2/ and that server then forwards the info to my email ?
> 3/ then I need the page and code to do the job ?

There are services which will provide much of what you want, for free,
assuming your needs are not too great, e.g. BraveNet.com .