Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Gridview as Recycle Bin

Gridview as Recycle Bin

Barry L. Camp

Hey all... would greatly appreciate some gridview advice.

I have a gridview set up in a classic Master/Details setup for
entering/editing/deleting data...

But now I've been tasked with making deleted records "recoverable" by
marking them as deleted (simply a timestamp), then populating those in
a new gridview as a separate "Recycle Bin" grid. Here there will be
only two choices: delete permanently (actual purge of the record) or
restore, which is simply removing the delete marking so that it will
reappear in the "regular" grid.

The new gridview needs to reflect either operation (delete or restore)
in the form of removing the row from the grid. Handling the Delete is
trivial, it invokes a method to call a remove operation.

But for Restore, I also need to "delete" the "recovered row" from the
"Recycle Bin" grid (because it would then be available in the
"regular" grid. I'm not worried about the BLL and DAL or sproc code.
I'm just wondering how to implement this from the Gridview. Obviously
gridview doesn't have two separate deletes.

Any advice on how to implement this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much.

Barry L. Camp

Gridview as Recycle Bin Barry L. Camp ASP .Net Web Controls 1 03-16-2008 02:17 PM
Where do i find the recycle bin? XP PRO with norton protected bin Quiz Time Computer Support 6 06-27-2004 11:13 AM
Folder stuck in Recycle Bin Ivan MCSE 2 08-02-2003 03:08 AM
Re: nortons recycle bin? Šaz ©. Computer Support 0 06-24-2003 04:34 PM

Advertisments