Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > The Nikon D3 makes everyone's life better, even mine!!!

The Nikon D3 makes everyone's life better, even mine!!!

Atheist Chaplain

"Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> John Sheehy wrote:
>
>>> It's just a machine, sucker.

> Yep, and it should be sold after 18-months of use.

So Rita, are you selling every 18 months so you can buy a better camera so
you can take better pictures ??
because if that's the case you really should have just kept your Kodak
Instamatic and saved all that money for Psychologist sessions

Don Hirschberg

Rita Berkowitz

Atheist Chaplain wrote:

>> Yep, and it should be sold after 18-months of use.

> So Rita, are you selling every 18 months so you can buy a better
> camera so you can take better pictures ??

Hell no. I buy cameras to keep up with the Jones and, well, because I can.
What's your excuse?

> because if that's the case you really should have just kept your Kodak
> Instamatic and saved all that money for Psychologist sessions

I still have my Kodak DC280 if that counts? As for the money, I have a
surplus at the moment and it's not a problem.

<http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2006/pics/DC280.jpg>

Rita

Atheist Chaplain

"Rita Berkowitz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Yep, and it should be sold after 18-months of use.

>> So Rita, are you selling every 18 months so you can buy a better
>> camera so you can take better pictures ??

> Hell no. I buy cameras to keep up with the Jones and, well, because I
> can.
> What's your excuse?

I only have one friend who is a Jones and I dont feel the need to keep up
with him
and apparently I dont take any photos

>> because if that's the case you really should have just kept your Kodak
>> Instamatic and saved all that money for Psychologist sessions

> I still have my Kodak DC280 if that counts? As for the money, I have a
> surplus at the moment and it's not a problem.
>
> <http://www.geocities.com/ritaberk2006/pics/DC280.jpg>

Interesting lens............. must be a bitch to clean the superglue out of
the threads when you want to use it on another camera

Maybe you could buy me a D80 and some lenses, in the spirit of US -
Australian relations of course

Don Hirschberg

Ray Fischer

Rita Berkowitz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Personally, I think both of you guys are just ****ing in the wind with open
>mouths catching the overspray.

That would be a meaningful statement if you weren't jumping in just to
idolize your corporation of choice.

> The D3 is the best dSLR on the market at the
>moment

Where "best" means "gives rita something to brag about."

> Anyway, it really
>doesn't matter

Not in the slightest.

>since I have all the Canon stuff worked out of my blood and
>it's Nikon forever.

Pathetic suckup.

--
Ray Fischer

Ray Fischer

Rita Berkowitz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Yep, and it should be sold after 18-months of use.

>> So Rita, are you selling every 18 months so you can buy a better
>> camera so you can take better pictures ??

>Hell no. I buy cameras to keep up with the Jones and, well, because I can.

A midlife crisis camera, in other words. Instead of an overpriced
sports car you have an overpriced camera.

And that camera makes you a great photographer just like a Porshe
makes a 50-year-old guy a great driver.

--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)

Pete D

"Ray Fischer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:47d0dba0$0$36388$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rita Berkowitz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> So Rita, are you selling every 18 months so you can buy a better
>>> camera so you can take better pictures ??

>>Hell no. I buy cameras to keep up with the Jones and, well, because I
>>can.

> A midlife crisis camera, in other words. Instead of an overpriced
> sports car you have an overpriced camera.
>
> And that camera makes you a great photographer just like a Porshe
> makes a 50-year-old guy a great driver.
>
> --
> Ray Fischer
> (E-Mail Removed)

Bit like hire cars that will go just a little faster in any given gear than
one owned by someone......

Pudentame

Ray Fischer wrote:
> Rita Berkowitz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> So Rita, are you selling every 18 months so you can buy a better
>>> camera so you can take better pictures ??

>> Hell no. I buy cameras to keep up with the Jones and, well, because I can.

> A midlife crisis camera, in other words. Instead of an overpriced
> sports car you have an overpriced camera.
>
> And that camera makes you a great photographer just like a Porshe
> makes a 50-year-old guy a great driver.

Not quite a valid analogy ...

The guy's drivin' will likely *have* to improve, just to keep him from
wrappin' that Porsche around a telephone pole. ;-D

rwalker

> Rita Berkowitz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

..

>>since I have all the Canon stuff worked out of my blood and
>>it's Nikon forever.

What a stupid attitude.

George Kerby

On 3/7/08 12:53 PM, in article 47d18f24$0$24105$(E-Mail Removed),
"rwalker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> Rita Berkowitz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> .
>

>>> since I have all the Canon stuff worked out of my blood and
>>> it's Nikon forever.

> What a stupid attitude.

Consider the source. It becomes "her".

William Graham

"Pete D" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:47d0e7fc$0$23620$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Ray Fischer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:47d0dba0$0$36388$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Rita Berkowitz <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>>Hell no. I buy cameras to keep up with the Jones and, well, because I
>>>can.

>> A midlife crisis camera, in other words. Instead of an overpriced
>> sports car you have an overpriced camera.
>>
>> And that camera makes you a great photographer just like a Porshe
>> makes a 50-year-old guy a great driver.
>>
>> --
>> Ray Fischer
>> (E-Mail Removed)
>>

> Bit like hire cars that will go just a little faster in any given gear
> than one owned by someone......

Well, there is a slight difference.....New Porsches run around $50K, but new
cameras only $3 or 4 K. - We all do this to some extent with whatever tools
we like to play with.....With me, it's trumpets at around $2 K each.....None
of them have ever really made me play better, but I just think it's better
for a while, and what the hell......we only live once.....The cash won't do
us much good after we're dead, now will it?