Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Vista price cuts

Vista price cuts

Colin Barnhorst

That's not much cheaper. That's the system builder version.

This is the retail version, standard edition.

and this is the retail upgrade edition.

"xGamer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Prices are m,uch cheaper.. You can get Vista Ultimate x64 for under
> $200.00.
>
> US Pricing: $189.99
>
> Vat Pricing: £94.49
> http://www.cclonline.com/product-inf...ufacturer_id=0
>
> Chris
>
> "nospam" wrote:
>
>> Vista prices cut by as much as 48%, but not in U.S.
>> Prices for the OS will be trimmed 15% to 20% in the U.S.
>> By Gregg Keizer
>>

>> February 29, 2008 (Computerworld) Microsoft Corp. is cutting the retail
>> price of its Windows Vista operating system by as much as 20% in the
>> U.S.,
>> but will slash at least some versions' price tags by more than 46% in
>> both
>> the U.K. and the European Union, the company confirmed today.
>>
>> Late Thursday, Microsoft announced sweeping price cuts to boxed copies of
>> Vista, saying then that the cuts would range from as low as 3% in
>> developed
>> countries to nearly 50% for some editions sold in poorer nations.
>>
>> But by the numbers that Microsoft released today, even customers in
>> Western
>> Europe — France, Germany, Spain and the U.K., among others — will also
>> see
>> prices fall by nearly half.

>> Thanks, Microsoft. I won't be buying Vista anytime soon; with 3% price
>> cut
>> you can keep it. Thanks

Bolshoi

xGamer wrote:
> Prices are m,uch cheaper.. You can get Vista Ultimate x64 for under $200.00.

Why the hell would I want to? Can't do anything with it

frogger

xGamer wrote:
> Prices are m,uch cheaper.. You can get Vista Ultimate x64 for under $200.00.
>
> US Pricing: $189.99

.... and then what?