Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Cisco Airnoet 1130AG + Funk Steel Belted Radius

Cisco Airnoet 1130AG + Funk Steel Belted Radius

rhunton rhunton is offline
Junior Member

Hi All,
I am currently trying to set up a Cisco Aironet 1130AG access point with radius authentication.

Inside the radius I have created a RAS client for the access point and have specified a shared secret, I have restarted the radius server for the new RAS Client to be picked up.
There is a security group from AD defined in the radius for wireless users. I have also created a couple of native users as well.

In the configuration of the Cisco I have specified all of the radius server addresses and shared secrets as I am getting entries in the radius log files.

The bit that is now confusing me is the Windows XP side.

From what I have read, the client (XP) is only able to transmit EAP traffic until authenticated but this is the part I am struggling with.

I have been into the properties of the network connection and selected authentication and changed EAP type to Protected EAP. Under properties I have unchecked validate server certificate and the authentication method is currently set to EAP-MSCHAP v2.
I have clicked configure and made sure there is a tick in automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if available)

All that I get when trying to connect with the above settings is a message saying validating identity.

Do I need a certificate on the server for EAP-MSCHAP v2 even though the users should be authenticated through Active Directory?

Thanks

Last edited by rhunton; 03-01-2008 at 10:38 PM..

rhunton rhunton is offline
Junior Member

Going to use Micorosft IAS for radius authentication.

Found very useful guide on Microsoft.com

Thanks