Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Control Panel

Control Panel

Mary Ann Simms

I am running windows XP on my a630n HP Pavilion computer. Recently Windows
had to be reinstalled. I had put all of the files that were on my C drive
onto an external drive. When Windows was installed, and my files restored, I
began to have problems with sounds (I had none), my printers refused to
print (print Spooler was disabled,) and there were other problems as well. I
am glad to say that Windows is running well after the obvious problems were
fixed. But--there is an icon missing from my Control Panel. Since the icons
are arranged alphabetically, the missing icon is between Security and
Sounds, making the name of the missing icon an S word. I have Scanners,
Scheduled tasks, Security Center, Sounds and Audio, Speech, and System. Can
anybody tell me what that icon was? And--is it important to know?

user@domain.tld

Mary Ann Simms nervously hit keys and said, On 3/1/2008 8:51 AM:
> I am running windows XP on my a630n HP Pavilion computer. Recently Windows
> had to be reinstalled. I had put all of the files that were on my C drive
> onto an external drive. When Windows was installed, and my files restored, I
> began to have problems with sounds (I had none), my printers refused to
> print (print Spooler was disabled,) and there were other problems as well. I
> am glad to say that Windows is running well after the obvious problems were
> fixed. But--there is an icon missing from my Control Panel. Since the icons
> are arranged alphabetically, the missing icon is between Security and
> Sounds, making the name of the missing icon an S word. I have Scanners,
> Scheduled tasks, Security Center, Sounds and Audio, Speech, and System. Can
> anybody tell me what that icon was? And--is it important to know?

Wow, double posting and not asking anything new. What you need are
drivers. Here is the website:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...product=426322

Always remember that when reinstalling an OS.

--
"Wood doesn't just grow on trees..."
Charlie Harper

sandy58

On Mar 1, 1:51 pm, "Mary Ann Simms" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am running windows XP on my a630n HP Pavilion computer. Recently Windows
> had to be reinstalled. I had put all of the files that were on my C drive
> onto an external drive. When Windows was installed, and my files restored, I
> began to have problems with sounds (I had none), my printers refused to
> print (print Spooler was disabled,) and there were other problems as well. I
> am glad to say that Windows is running well after the obvious problems were
> fixed. But--there is an icon missing from my Control Panel. Since the icons
> are arranged alphabetically, the missing icon is between Security and
> Sounds, making the name of the missing icon an S word. I have Scanners,
> Scheduled tasks, Security Center, Sounds and Audio, Speech, and System. Can
> anybody tell me what that icon was? And--is it important to know?

http://download.yousendit.com/62C2D9F827D04CED
See Pic of my control panel. It may jog the memory, Mary Ann Simms.

Lanham

"sandy58" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Mar 1, 1:51 pm, "Mary Ann Simms" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I am running windows XP on my a630n HP Pavilion computer. Recently
>> Windows
>> had to be reinstalled. I had put all of the files that were on my C drive
>> onto an external drive. When Windows was installed, and my files
>> restored, I
>> began to have problems with sounds (I had none), my printers refused to
>> print (print Spooler was disabled,) and there were other problems as
>> well. I
>> am glad to say that Windows is running well after the obvious problems
>> were
>> fixed. But--there is an icon missing from my Control Panel. Since the
>> icons
>> are arranged alphabetically, the missing icon is between Security and
>> Sounds, making the name of the missing icon an S word. I have Scanners,
>> Scheduled tasks, Security Center, Sounds and Audio, Speech, and System.
>> Can
>> anybody tell me what that icon was? And--is it important to know?

> http://download.yousendit.com/62C2D9F827D04CED
> See Pic of my control panel. It may jog the memory, Mary Ann Simms.

Thanks, Sandy58 for the pic. I think maybe the Sound Effects icon was the
one that disappeared.

sandy58

On Mar 1, 7:44 pm, "Lanham" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "sandy58" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > On Mar 1, 1:51 pm, "Mary Ann Simms" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> I am running windows XP on my a630n HP Pavilion computer. Recently
> >> Windows
> >> had to be reinstalled. I had put all of the files that were on my C drive
> >> onto an external drive. When Windows was installed, and my files
> >> restored, I
> >> began to have problems with sounds (I had none), my printers refused to
> >> print (print Spooler was disabled,) and there were other problems as
> >> well. I
> >> am glad to say that Windows is running well after the obvious problems
> >> were
> >> fixed. But--there is an icon missing from my Control Panel. Since the
> >> icons
> >> are arranged alphabetically, the missing icon is between Security and
> >> Sounds, making the name of the missing icon an S word. I have Scanners,
> >> Scheduled tasks, Security Center, Sounds and Audio, Speech, and System.
> >> Can
> >> anybody tell me what that icon was? And--is it important to know?

> >http://download.yousendit.com/62C2D9F827D04CED
> > See Pic of my control panel. It may jog the memory, Mary Ann Simms.

> Thanks, Sandy58 for the pic. I think maybe the Sound Effects icon was the
> one that disappeared.

That's Realtek AC '97 Audio.

Missing Java Control Panel in START menu->Control Panel: Diff javacpl.cpl and javacpl.exe? Robin Wenger Java 0 08-18-2011 06:38 AM
Why is there no "Java Control Panel" for J2EE v5upd14 ? Reinstall Java Control Panel possible? Ulf Meinhardt Java 0 07-07-2009 08:38 AM
Delete a panel inside a panel (2) HS1 Java 4 12-08-2004 02:48 AM
Delete a panel inside a panel HS1 Java 3 12-07-2004 10:50 PM
Email From Forms with asp:panel.(s) Only one panel works? Harry ASP .Net 3 11-10-2003 03:13 AM

Advertisments