Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > ATI CrossFireX Preview

ATI CrossFireX Preview

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

Legit Reviews have a preview of ATI CrossFireX (Triple Crossfire Benchmarking), an interesting but power hungry test:

Quote:
We've been talking about CrossFireX drivers since November 2007 and it's been a long four months of waiting, but it seems like it was worth the wait. The drivers we used for testing are still in development, so once the final CATALYST 8.3 drivers are delivered we will take a closer look at CrossFireX, and by then, we should have another Radeon HD 3870 X2 in our hands and enough cards on the test bench to run any game and resolution. CrossFireX looks good and the scaling from two cards to three shows performance gains of 5-50% with the average being right around 33%. We can't wait to see what Quad-CrossFire looks like and what CATALYST 8.4 and 8.5 drivers will bring to the table.
Read more here.