Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > How to route multiple ports to one port (NAT/PAT)

How to route multiple ports to one port (NAT/PAT)

velcroak@hotmail.com

Hello,

I have a NAT setup on my Cisco router to route any inbound traffic on
SIP (VOIP) port 5060 to my voip server. During my business trip I
realized that port 5060 is blocked by many ISPs. So, now I want to
route another port (Say, 8000) to my voip server's 5060 port.

The trouble I have is as following:
ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.15 5060 interface
FastEthernet4 5060
ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.15 5060 interface
FastEthernet4 6000

The second line is overwriting the first one. I believe PAT is the
answer, but I do not know how to do it.

Any input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Ash

cisckawy cisckawy is offline
Junior Member
Location: E G Y P T

hi Ash,
Quote:
The second line is overwriting the first one
please clearify, do you mean that with the given configuration connections at port 6000 is sucessfull and connections at port 5060 fails??

why don't you use port 6000 only for everyone?

by the way the configuration you mentioned is static PAT

Yandy Ramirez

They are not overriding each other, otherwise the router will not even let
you put it in. What is happening though is that you need to setup your
clients (phones) to talk to destination (whatever interface f4 is) and
destination port 6000.

The router will then receive the incoming packet to 6000 and convert it to
192.168.0.15 5060.

CYA

On 3/1/08 4:21 AM, in article
999919e3-fc01-4b5a-b104-ffa11ecce00b...oglegroups.com,

velcroak@hotmail.com

On Mar 2, 12:22*am, Yandy Ramirez <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> They are not overriding each other, otherwise the router will not even let
> you put it in. What is happening though is that you need to setup your
> clients (phones) to talk to destination (whatever interface f4 is) and
> destination port 6000.
>
> The router will then receive the incoming packet to 6000 and convert it to
> 192.168.0.15 5060.
>
> CYA

Hello Yandy,

I am positive that there is no listening going on at port 5060 on the
external address. Yes, when I change the port to 6000, it works. So,
the only conclusion I drew was that the second line is overwriting the
prior statement.

Regards.

Ash

Barry Margolin

In article
<(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a NAT setup on my Cisco router to route any inbound traffic on
> SIP (VOIP) port 5060 to my voip server. During my business trip I
> realized that port 5060 is blocked by many ISPs. So, now I want to
> route another port (Say, 8000) to my voip server's 5060 port.
>
> The trouble I have is as following:
> ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.15 5060 interface
> FastEthernet4 5060
> ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.15 5060 interface
> FastEthernet4 6000
>
> The second line is overwriting the first one. I believe PAT is the
> answer, but I do not know how to do it.
>
> Any input will be highly appreciated.

I think you should be using "ip nat outside" rather than "ip nat
inside". This changes the port that you're defining from the inside
port to the outside port.

--
Barry Margolin, (E-Mail Removed)
Arlington, MA