Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Alleviating bouncy bed syndrome?

Alleviating bouncy bed syndrome?

HeyHo

I recently moved to a new area and moved in to a house with a few cool
people. I slept on the floor one night and the next night bought a cheap
(185 for frame (not headboard), box and mattress) bed setup without too much
shopping. A friend reccomended the store because she bought a couch or
something there, and they were able to deliver it within a few hours to get
me off the floor.

Well, I didn't try out the mattress, it wasn't a real mattress store, more
so a general furniture store, so all the mattresses were just stacked up.
They had a lot of them, all the same they said, so I just told them I'd take
one. Turns out once I got the stuff and put it in the room, the bed is super
bouncy

It's not a pillowtop (I just know know what that means), and it's not so
plush/soft like the bed I had before I moved, and this bed is pretty
springy/bouncy. I'll use it for a couple months to get SOME use out of it
and then sell it for what ever I can get for it and buy a better pillowtop,
but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to alleviate the
bouncyness/springyness, or not really?

Thanks for any advice!

olfart

"HeyHo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3Y6yj.58706$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently moved to a new area and moved in to a house with a few cool
>people. I slept on the floor one night and the next night bought a cheap
>(185 for frame (not headboard), box and mattress) bed setup without too
>much shopping. A friend reccomended the store because she bought a couch or
>something there, and they were able to deliver it within a few hours to get
>me off the floor.
>
> Well, I didn't try out the mattress, it wasn't a real mattress store, more
> so a general furniture store, so all the mattresses were just stacked up.
> They had a lot of them, all the same they said, so I just told them I'd
> take one. Turns out once I got the stuff and put it in the room, the bed
> is super bouncy
>
> It's not a pillowtop (I just know know what that means), and it's not so
> plush/soft like the bed I had before I moved, and this bed is pretty
> springy/bouncy. I'll use it for a couple months to get SOME use out of it
> and then sell it for what ever I can get for it and buy a better
> pillowtop, but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to alleviate
> the bouncyness/springyness, or not really?
>
> Thanks for any advice!

Keep your hands out from inder the covers

HeyHo

ha ha ha!!

But no, seriously, is there anything that can be done to improve this? I can
see this making for some interesting intercourse, bouncy bouncy...

The only thing I've seen people do to beds is put those egg carton cushion
things on them; would that help my problem any, or am I best just using it
as long as I can live with it until getting a new one?

Thanks!
HeyHo

"olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "HeyHo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:3Y6yj.58706$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I recently moved to a new area and moved in to a house with a few cool
>>people. I slept on the floor one night and the next night bought a cheap
>>(185 for frame (not headboard), box and mattress) bed setup without too
>>much shopping. A friend reccomended the store because she bought a couch
>>or something there, and they were able to deliver it within a few hours to
>>get me off the floor.
>>
>> Well, I didn't try out the mattress, it wasn't a real mattress store,
>> more so a general furniture store, so all the mattresses were just
>> stacked up. They had a lot of them, all the same they said, so I just
>> told them I'd take one. Turns out once I got the stuff and put it in the
>> room, the bed is super bouncy
>>
>> It's not a pillowtop (I just know know what that means), and it's not so
>> plush/soft like the bed I had before I moved, and this bed is pretty
>> springy/bouncy. I'll use it for a couple months to get SOME use out of it
>> and then sell it for what ever I can get for it and buy a better
>> pillowtop, but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to alleviate
>> the bouncyness/springyness, or not really?
>>
>> Thanks for any advice!

> Keep your hands out from inder the covers

Blinky the Shark

HeyHo wrote:

> I recently moved to a new area and moved in to a house with a few cool
> people. I slept on the floor one night and the next night bought a cheap
> (185 for frame (not headboard), box and mattress) bed setup without too much
> shopping. A friend reccomended the store because she bought a couch or
> something there, and they were able to deliver it within a few hours to get
> me off the floor.
>
> Well, I didn't try out the mattress, it wasn't a real mattress store, more
> so a general furniture store, so all the mattresses were just stacked up.
> They had a lot of them, all the same they said, so I just told them I'd take
> one. Turns out once I got the stuff and put it in the room, the bed is super
> bouncy
>
> It's not a pillowtop (I just know know what that means), and it's not so
> plush/soft like the bed I had before I moved, and this bed is pretty
> springy/bouncy. I'll use it for a couple months to get SOME use out of it
> and then sell it for what ever I can get for it and buy a better pillowtop,
> but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to alleviate the
> bouncyness/springyness, or not really?

Put a sheet of plywood under the mattress. I've done that for decades.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups

monkey_cartman@yahoo.com

HeyHo wrote:
> ha ha ha!!
>
> But no, seriously, is there anything that can be done to improve this? I can
> see this making for some interesting intercourse, bouncy bouncy...
>
> The only thing I've seen people do to beds is put those egg carton cushion
> things on them; would that help my problem any, or am I best just using it
> as long as I can live with it until getting a new one?
>
> Thanks!
> HeyHo
>
> "olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "HeyHo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:3Y6yj.58706$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>I recently moved to a new area and moved in to a house with a few cool
> >>people. I slept on the floor one night and the next night bought a cheap
> >>(185 for frame (not headboard), box and mattress) bed setup without too
> >>much shopping. A friend reccomended the store because she bought a couch
> >>or something there, and they were able to deliver it within a few hours to
> >>get me off the floor.
> >>
> >> Well, I didn't try out the mattress, it wasn't a real mattress store,
> >> more so a general furniture store, so all the mattresses were just
> >> stacked up. They had a lot of them, all the same they said, so I just
> >> told them I'd take one. Turns out once I got the stuff and put it in the
> >> room, the bed is super bouncy
> >>
> >> It's not a pillowtop (I just know know what that means), and it's not so
> >> plush/soft like the bed I had before I moved, and this bed is pretty
> >> springy/bouncy. I'll use it for a couple months to get SOME use out of it
> >> and then sell it for what ever I can get for it and buy a better
> >> pillowtop, but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to alleviate
> >> the bouncyness/springyness, or not really?
> >>
> >> Thanks for any advice!

Well if you are afraid of getting stuck with it maybe try exchanging
it,

I got stuck with one I really didn't want after the fact, I put a
thick fluffy comforter down fist and a bedding item that helps keeps
it in place and that helped, not sure about the effect on bouncy
bouncy though. I think it would help

HeyHo

I have a box under the mattress, which is essentially a big box of plywood.
I think it's just the mattress that has the super springs inside that's my
problem. I'm kinda stuck with the mattress, and seeing as I wouldn't get
what I bought it for if sold on craigslist, I'll just give it a shot for a
while, but I would like to improve it if I can!

Thanks for all your suggestions again!
HeyHo

news(E-Mail Removed) net.net...
> HeyHo wrote:
>
>> I recently moved to a new area and moved in to a house with a few cool
>> people. I slept on the floor one night and the next night bought a cheap
>> (185 for frame (not headboard), box and mattress) bed setup without too
>> much
>> shopping. A friend reccomended the store because she bought a couch or
>> something there, and they were able to deliver it within a few hours to
>> get
>> me off the floor.
>>
>> Well, I didn't try out the mattress, it wasn't a real mattress store,
>> more
>> so a general furniture store, so all the mattresses were just stacked up.
>> They had a lot of them, all the same they said, so I just told them I'd
>> take
>> one. Turns out once I got the stuff and put it in the room, the bed is
>> super
>> bouncy
>>
>> It's not a pillowtop (I just know know what that means), and it's not so
>> plush/soft like the bed I had before I moved, and this bed is pretty
>> springy/bouncy. I'll use it for a couple months to get SOME use out of it
>> and then sell it for what ever I can get for it and buy a better
>> pillowtop,
>> but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to alleviate the
>> bouncyness/springyness, or not really?

> Put a sheet of plywood under the mattress. I've done that for decades.
>

> --
> Blinky
> Killing all posts from Google Groups
> The Usenet Improvement Project: http://improve-usenet.org
> Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

VanguardLH

"HeyHo" wrote in message news:BX7yj.21768$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have a box under the mattress, ...

And what is the REST of the product name for "box"? Box SPRING! So
if you put hard wood underneath then there is much less spring action.
If you use plywood, get some 3/4-inch stuff, or thicker. 1/2-inch
still flexes.

Blinky the Shark

HeyHo wrote:

> I have a box under the mattress, which is essentially a big box of plywood.

Oh! I read that as a box spring. Never mind.

--
Blinky
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Blinky: http://blinkynet.net

Rgr

VanguardLH wrote:
> "HeyHo" wrote in message news:BX7yj.21768$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I have a box under the mattress, ...

> And what is the REST of the product name for "box"? Box SPRING! So if
> you put hard wood underneath then there is much less spring action. If
> you use plywood, get some 3/4-inch stuff, or thicker. 1/2-inch still
> flexes.

Sounds like he meant "foundation" instead of box spring. If that's the
case, it's pretty damned hard to begin with.

Rgr

HeyHo wrote:
> I recently moved to a new area and moved in to a house with a few cool
> people. I slept on the floor one night and the next night bought a cheap
> (185 for frame (not headboard), box and mattress) bed setup without too much
> shopping. A friend reccomended the store because she bought a couch or
> something there, and they were able to deliver it within a few hours to get
> me off the floor.
>
> Well, I didn't try out the mattress, it wasn't a real mattress store, more
> so a general furniture store, so all the mattresses were just stacked up.
> They had a lot of them, all the same they said, so I just told them I'd take
> one. Turns out once I got the stuff and put it in the room, the bed is super
> bouncy
>
> It's not a pillowtop (I just know know what that means), and it's not so
> plush/soft like the bed I had before I moved, and this bed is pretty
> springy/bouncy. I'll use it for a couple months to get SOME use out of it
> and then sell it for what ever I can get for it and buy a better pillowtop,
> but in the meantime, is there anything I can do to alleviate the
> bouncyness/springyness, or not really?
>
> Thanks for any advice!

Maybe have a fat woman sleep on top of you? Did you try contacting the
store about a possible refund/replacement? If you still have the plastic
it comes in (or they have extras) maybe they'd cooperate since now they
have a new customer that's dissatisfied.