Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > DHCP IP Address Reservation

DHCP IP Address Reservation

AXJ

Hi all

What is the command in IOS DHCP to assign a fixed IP address to a MAC
address of a PC (DHCP reservation)? Thanks.

Al

Trendkill

On Feb 29, 8:09 pm, "AXJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> What is the command in IOS DHCP to assign a fixed IP address to a MAC
> address of a PC (DHCP reservation)? Thanks.
>
> Al

ip dhcp pool Server_static
host 10.0.0.10 255.255.255.0
client-identifier 0102.0010.0012.34

http://ioshints.blogspot.com/2007/09...with-dhcp.html

AXJ

Thanks, Trendkill

Tried the command you suggested. It still does not work. Client (Win XP with
Wireless link) still getting the other DHCP dynamic IP address, not the one
I put on router. Any idea? Thanks.

Al

"Trendkill" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Feb 29, 8:09 pm, "AXJ" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> What is the command in IOS DHCP to assign a fixed IP address to a MAC
>> address of a PC (DHCP reservation)? Thanks.
>>
>> Al

> ip dhcp pool Server_static
> host 10.0.0.10 255.255.255.0
> client-identifier 0102.0010.0012.34
>
> http://ioshints.blogspot.com/2007/09...with-dhcp.html

AXJ

Ooops... I read your command again and found that it has leading 01. That's
for Windows client. Yes, it works now. Thanks!

news:hp2yj.9266$(E-Mail Removed) t...