Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Vista and e mail

Vista and e mail

David C Jones

Hi,

Im trying to open alink from an e mail in outlook express but its coming up
with an error..............

The file does not have a programm associated with it for performing this
action. Create an association in the set association control panels,

I cnt find this for love or money, can somebody point me in the right
direction please.

Thanks

Moog

David C Jones illuminated 24hoursupport.helpdesk by typing:
> Hi,
>
> Im trying to open alink from an e mail in outlook express but its coming up
> with an error..............
>
> The file does not have a programm associated with it for performing this
> action. Create an association in the set association control panels,
>
> I cnt find this for love or money, can somebody point me in the right
> direction please

Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Programs ->
Set your default web browser from there.

--
Moog

mashed potatoes"

Mr. Arnold

"David C Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ve0yj.214429$(E-Mail Removed) o.uk...
> Hi,
>
> Im trying to open alink from an e mail in outlook express but its coming
> up with an error..............
>
> The file does not have a programm associated with it for performing this
> action. Create an association in the set association control panels,
>
> I cnt find this for love or money, can somebody point me in the right
> direction please.

Why would you be running OE on Vista? There is Windows Mail on Vista, the
son of OE on Vista that is better than OE. OE doesn't have the security
features in it that WM has in it.