Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Internet Connection Problem

Reply
Thread Tools

Internet Connection Problem

 
 
John
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-29-2008
I connect to the internet and then the next it doesn't work.

I restore my computer a few days earlier and it work again.


Does anyone know what the problem could be?


I called the DSL company and they said that it's my PC.

I ran the diagnostic modem test CD that my modem came with and it
fails.


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Evan Platt
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-29-2008
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:11:44 -0800, John <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I connect to the internet and then the next it doesn't work.


The next what?

>I restore my computer a few days earlier and it work again.


And you do this how?

>Does anyone know what the problem could be?


Be a tad more specific as to "it doesn't work".

>I called the DSL company and they said that it's my PC.


Did they have you perform any tests?

>I ran the diagnostic modem test CD that my modem came with and it
>fails.


Sorry my crystal ball is in the shop.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2008
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:47:43 -0800, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:11:44 -0800, John <(E-Mail Removed)>
>wrote:
>
>>I connect to the internet and then the next it doesn't work.

>
>The next what? --> the next day
>
>>I restore my computer a few days earlier and it work again.

>
>And you do this how? --> with the restore CD that came from Emachines.
>
>>Does anyone know what the problem could be?

>
>Be a tad more specific as to "it doesn't work". ----> it just will not connect to the internet... I tried IE and Firefox and it says unable to display page etc.
>
>>I called the DSL company and they said that it's my PC.

>
>Did they have you perform any tests? Yes - they said if the 4 modem lights are on then it's no the modem.
>
>>I ran the diagnostic modem test CD that my modem came with and it
>>fails.

>





 
Reply With Quote
 
chuckieŽ
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-01-2008

"John" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I connect to the internet and then the next it doesn't work.
>
> I restore my computer a few days earlier and it work again.
>
>
> Does anyone know what the problem could be?
>
>
> I called the DSL company and they said that it's my PC.
>
> I ran the diagnostic modem test CD that my modem came with and it
> fails.
>
>

In Internet Explorer, Tools>Internet Options>Connections>LAN Settings
button>untick anything that is ticked, like 'Automatically detect settings'
and so forth.
In Control Panel>Network and Dial Up Connections>right click Local Area
Connection>this should show your Ethernet adapter and the 'components', the
components should be Client for Microsoft Networks and Internet Protocol
(TCP/IP)
Leastways, that's what mine is set for, and I use SBC Yahoo DSL. If you
find anything else, you might want to call them and see if your setup is
different for a good reason, or your settings are wrong...luck...


 
Reply With Quote
 
ken
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-02-2008
123
"John" <(E-Mail Removed)>
???????:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:47:43 -0800, Evan Platt
> <evan@*******************************> wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 14:11:44 -0800, John <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>I connect to the internet and then the next it doesn't work.

> >
> >The next what? --> the next day
> >
> >>I restore my computer a few days earlier and it work again.

> >
> >And you do this how? --> with the restore CD that came from Emachines.
> >
> >>Does anyone know what the problem could be?

> >
> >Be a tad more specific as to "it doesn't work". ----> it just will not

connect to the internet... I tried IE and Firefox and it says unable to
display page etc.
> >
> >>I called the DSL company and they said that it's my PC.

> >
> >Did they have you perform any tests? Yes - they said if the 4 modem

lights are on then it's no the modem.
> >
> >>I ran the diagnostic modem test CD that my modem came with and it
> >>fails.

> >

>
>
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Plato
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-04-2008
John wrote:
>
> I ran the diagnostic modem test CD that my modem came with and it
> fails.


Get your ISP to give you a new modem then.


--
http://www.bootdisk.com/
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Internet connection but no workgroup connection =?Utf-8?B?am9uX2p3Yg==?= Wireless Networking 2 11-28-2005 09:46 PM
Which connection is my "internet connection"? The Babaloughesian Computer Support 1 04-15-2005 03:59 PM
Which connection is my "internet connection"? The Babaloughesian Computer Support 0 04-14-2005 12:37 PM



Advertisments