Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > .classpath file instead of the CLASSPATH Environment variable.

.classpath file instead of the CLASSPATH Environment variable.

dontspammenow@yahoo.com

Writing a java client application in Eclipse, and I would like to call
it at the command line. I noticed that the IDE generates a .classpath
file in the project directory. Is there a way to call the program at
the command line and utilize the .classpath file in lieu of setting
the classpath environment variable?

Arne Vajh°j

> Writing a java client application in Eclipse, and I would like to call
> it at the command line. I noticed that the IDE generates a .classpath
> file in the project directory. Is there a way to call the program at
> the command line and utilize the .classpath file in lieu of setting
> the classpath environment variable?

No.

But generate a jar file with a Class-Path directive in the
manifest.

Arne

Mike Schilling

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> Writing a java client application in Eclipse, and I would like to
> call
> it at the command line. I noticed that the IDE generates a
> .classpath
> file in the project directory. Is there a way to call the program
> at
> the command line and utilize the .classpath file in lieu of setting
> the classpath environment variable?

Using the Bourne shell:

java -classpath `cat .classpath` className