Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > fritzbox

fritzbox

bob garbutt

Hi there,

I received this from Ivor and have added a comment re my fritzbox
dialing local london calls without having to add the 020 to outgoing
local calls

> [snip]
>
> : : : Be warned though that doing this removes the ability
> : : : to dial a SIP number on your provider directly. For
> : : : example on Sipgate I can't dial another Sipgate
> : : : number directly using the 7 digit SIP ID, I have to
> : : : dial the PSTN number. It's still a free call, but
> : : : something to remember if you're used to dialling SIP
> : : : ID's.
> : :
> : : ...or short codes like 10000 on sipgate. That is a
> : : worse problem.
>
> I just set up speed dials for those. I use **750 for voicemail and **799
> for 10000.
>
> Ivor

hi mate, do you mean take out the 0 thats in the field and replace it
with 0208 or 208, btw I make outgoing calls via voipcheap

Bob

Ivor Jones

"bob garbutt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nLSxj.60279$(E-Mail Removed). uk

[snip]

: : hi mate, do you mean take out the 0 thats in the field
: : and replace it with 0208 or 208, btw I make outgoing
: : calls via voipcheap

In the Fritz do you mean..?

The relevant section in mine (Telephony > Internet Telephony > Internet
Numbers) has a list of all configured accounts. Select Edit for the one
you want and you should get a page that has a box saying Use Area Code
where there should be a tick.

Then there should be a box saying Enter Area Code where you put 20 (*not*
20 and then another saying Enter National Direct Dialling Code where
there should be a 0.

There is then a tick box saying Keep NDD code, make sure it has a tick.

Leave all other fields as you find them.

Note that you *must* use 20 as the area code not 208 or you won't be able
to dial London numbers beginning with 3 or 7 locally. London's code is
020, remember..!

Ivor

Advice needed - FritzBox dialling rules Alan Foster UK VOIP 7 06-19-2013 07:30 AM
S0 port on Fritzbox 7050 alexd UK VOIP 0 11-24-2006 12:22 AM
FritzBox Divert Rules - delay time? Alan Foster UK VOIP 1 11-08-2006 11:43 PM
FritzBox Aidan Whitehouse UK VOIP 7 09-13-2006 08:52 PM
Fritzbox ATA is dropping incoming calls after about 4 seconds Jon UK VOIP 9 05-28-2006 06:42 PM

Advertisments