Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Help with comcast and Linksys router

Help with comcast and Linksys router

Dallas77 Dallas77 is offline
Junior Member
Location: South NJ

I am trying to hook up a friends router ( Linksys WRT54GS) with his comcast router which is a modem for his PHONE also.. I have tried just about everything i can think of. One thing about this modem is you can not turn it off there is no plug to disconnect since the phone works with it.. IT has a backup battery..

I see the SSID on his laptop but it will not connect.. now if you hardwire the laptop..you can connect.. It shows a wireless connection on the laptop but you can not connect to the internet..it just keeps trying to connect but never does.
Any ideas ?? thanks