Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > error with ajax 1 and updatepanel

error with ajax 1 and updatepanel

Dino

I created a page with the updatepanel, works on my laptop and on a production
server, however, I get a java scrip error null is null or not a object when i
run it from a dev server.

written in vb

I also get it with the modalpopup control.

any ideas, is something not isnstalled properly on this server? Am i missing
something?

thanks

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Dino,

First, which version .NET do u use?

---
WBR,

D> I created a page with the updatepanel, works on my laptop and on a
D> production server, however, I get a java scrip error null is null or
D> not a object when i run it from a dev server.
D>
D> written in vb
D>
D> I also get it with the modalpopup control.
D>
D> any ideas, is something not isnstalled properly on this server? Am i
D> missing something?
D>
D> thanks

Dino

I am using .net 2.0

"Michael Nemtsev [MVP]" wrote:

> Hello Dino,
>

> First, which version .NET do u use?
>

> ---
> WBR,
> Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

> D> I created a page with the updatepanel, works on my laptop and on a
> D> production server, however, I get a java scrip error null is null or
> D> not a object when i run it from a dev server.
> D>
> D> written in vb
> D>
> D> I also get it with the modalpopup control.
> D>
> D> any ideas, is something not isnstalled properly on this server? Am i
> D> missing something?
> D>
> D> thanks

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello Dino,

then u need to instal asp.net ajax to the box where u have an error
See ajax.asp.net

---
WBR,

D> I am using .net 2.0
D>
D> "Michael Nemtsev [MVP]" wrote:
D>
>> Hello Dino,
>>
>> First, which version .NET do u use?
>>
>> ---
>> WBR,
>> Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog:
>> http://spaces.live.com/laflour
>> "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high
>> and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it" (c)
>> Michelangelo
>>
>> D> I created a page with the updatepanel, works on my laptop and on a
>> D> production server, however, I get a java scrip error null is null
>> or
>> D> not a object when i run it from a dev server.
>> D>
>> D> written in vb
>> D>
>> D> I also get it with the modalpopup control.
>> D>
>> D> any ideas, is something not isnstalled properly on this server? Am
>> D> missing something?
>> D>
>> D> thanks

Dino

Hi Michael,

I have the extensions installed on that box, and i checked to make sure it
is the correct version.

Any other Ideas.

I did notice that the modal popup comes up, but get the same error and then
the ok button on the popup does not work.

"Michael Nemtsev [MVP]" wrote:

> Hello Dino,
>
> then u need to instal asp.net ajax to the box where u have an error
> See ajax.asp.net
>

> ---
> WBR,
> Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog: http://spaces.live.com/laflour

> D> I am using .net 2.0
> D>
> D> "Michael Nemtsev [MVP]" wrote:
> D>
> >> Hello Dino,
> >>
> >> First, which version .NET do u use?
> >>
> >> ---
> >> WBR,
> >> Michael Nemtsev [.NET/C# MVP] :: blog:
> >> http://spaces.live.com/laflour
> >> "The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high
> >> and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it" (c)
> >> Michelangelo

> >> or

Dino

I also noticed that the server it does not work on has
SQL 2005 SSIS packages

can this be part of the problem?

Thanks again