Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > network monitoring

network monitoring

lab

What is a good network monitor software that i could download
ether trial or freeware?
I have 12 pcs on a wireless router and would like to know the bandwidth
that each pc is using
I have assighned ips for all pcs
Thanks

Evan Platt

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:18:20 -0600, "lab" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>What is a good network monitor software that i could download
> ether trial or freeware?

MRTG or RRD Tool.

>I have 12 pcs on a wireless router and would like to know the bandwidth
>that each pc is using

As long as each PC has SNMP enabled.

>I have assighned ips for all pcs

It works better that way...

why?

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:18:20 -0600, lab wrote:

>What is a good network monitor software that i could download
> ether trial or freeware?

You haven't seen anything mentioned in the recent threads in 24hshd
http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...elpdesk/topics
asking about the same thing?

MRTG with or without RRDTool,
PRTG

>I have 12 pcs on a wireless router and would like to know the bandwidth
>that each pc is using
>I have assighned ips for all pcs

Does help, however any solution with this setup depends on installing a
client (something I forgot the name for) or SNMP on each system.

If you don't want that or don't have the same laptops all the time then
you may be looking at the Linksys routers with DD-WRT and pull the info
off the router rather than each PC.

>Thanks

Me