Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > UK VOIP > Recommendation for a US number?

Recommendation for a US number?

Les Desser

Can anyone recommend a source for a US VoIP number?

It must be: good, cheap, reliable, etc.

Many thanks.
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)

{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

www.ipkall.com

--
http://www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk/pcpro
http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/dyna/r...rchives_en.cfm

Les Desser

In article <eNHxj.15204$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> Thu, 28 Feb 2008
23:50:34 writes

>Les Desser wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a source for a US VoIP number?
>> It must be: good, cheap, reliable, etc.
>> Many thanks.

>www.ipkall.com

Thank you.

I wonder what they get out of issuing free phone numbers.
--
Les Desser
(The Reply-to address IS valid)

Koos van den Hout

Les Desser <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in <(E-Mail Removed)>:
> In article <eNHxj.15204$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> Thu, 28 Feb 2008
> 23:50:34 writes
> >www.ipkall.com

> I wonder what they get out of issuing free phone numbers.

Termination fees? What they also do not offer is calling: you can only
receive calls on a registered SIP account.

Koos van den Hout

--
Koos van den Hout Homepage: http://idefix.net/~koos/
Fax: +31-30-2817051 PGP keyid DSS/1024 0xF0D7C263 or RSA/1024 0xCA845CB5

Peter Andrews

"Les Desser" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In article <eNHxj.15204$(E-Mail Removed)> ,
> {{{{{Welcome}}}}} <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> Thu, 28 Feb 2008
> 23:50:34 writes
>
>>Les Desser wrote:

> Thank you.
>
> I wonder what they get out of issuing free phone numbers.
> --

Incoming call revenue?

Peter

Jose

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:50:34 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
<bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:

>Les Desser wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a source for a US VoIP number?
>>
>> It must be: good, cheap, reliable, etc.
>>
>> Many thanks.

>www.ipkall.com

Are you sure about the "realiable" part?
I'm presently paying USD 5 (to DID worldwide) a month for a +1-914
DID. It's realiable, and allows forwarding via SIP URI, or Voip to
loads of other providers - including Voxalot.

Can the inbound ipkalls' calls be forwarded via some kind of Voip/sip
to another account, or do you have to be loged on to their network?

Best,
Jose

TheFug

Jose schreef:
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:50:34 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
> <bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Les Desser wrote:
>>> Can anyone recommend a source for a US VoIP number?
>>>
>>> It must be: good, cheap, reliable, etc.
>>>
>>> Many thanks.

>> www.ipkall.com

> Are you sure about the "realiable" part?
> I'm presently paying USD 5 (to DID worldwide) a month for a +1-914
> DID. It's realiable, and allows forwarding via SIP URI, or Voip to
> loads of other providers - including Voxalot.
>
> Can the inbound ipkalls' calls be forwarded via some kind of Voip/sip
> to another account, or do you have to be loged on to their network?
>
> Best,
> Jose

Yes, you can use FWD, but if you don't use it yoo often, it get
cancled....and no , it's not realiable, sometimes, it just don't work,
for no apperent reason, and then it does, test it first.....

--

The Fug.

( VoIP/SIP switched by: www.mysipswitch.com )

Soruk

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 15:19:17 GMT, Jose <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 23:50:34 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
><bhx_spam@trapped__hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>Les Desser wrote:
>>> Can anyone recommend a source for a US VoIP number?
>>>
>>> It must be: good, cheap, reliable, etc.
>>>
>>> Many thanks.

>>www.ipkall.com

>Are you sure about the "realiable" part?
> I'm presently paying USD 5 (to DID worldwide) a month for a +1-914
>DID. It's realiable, and allows forwarding via SIP URI, or Voip to
>loads of other providers - including Voxalot.
>
>Can the inbound ipkalls' calls be forwarded via some kind of Voip/sip
>to another account, or do you have to be loged on to their network?

When I set mine up all they asked for was a SIP address, my ekiga.net one
worked fine for it. I just have Trixbox configured to listen on that in
addition to my other lines.

Ivor Jones

"TheFug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:47c83945$0$25467$(E-Mail Removed)

[snip]

: : Yes, you can use FWD, but if you don't use it yoo
: : often, it get cancled....and no , it's not realiable,
: : sometimes, it just don't work, for no apperent reason,
: : and then it does, test it first.....

I've had an IPKall number pointing at a FWD account for the last 2 years
with no problems whatsoever. Except when FWD goes down of course, which it
does with irritating irregularity..!

Ivor

Oldie

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "TheFug" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:47c83945$0$25467$(E-Mail Removed)
>
> [snip]
>
> : : Yes, you can use FWD, but if you don't use it yoo
> : : often, it get cancled....and no , it's not realiable,
> : : sometimes, it just don't work, for no apperent reason,
> : : and then it does, test it first.....
>
> I've had an IPKall number pointing at a FWD account for the last 2 years
> with no problems whatsoever. Except when FWD goes down of course, which it
> does with irritating irregularity..!
>
> Ivor

I seem to recall that when I had an IPKall DID there was some issue
about it not forwarding calls if they didn't present caller id. Has that
problem been overcome?

Oldie