Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > How to troubleshoot packet traffic on Cisco router ?

How to troubleshoot packet traffic on Cisco router ?

Dominik

Hi !

I can't find how to view current ip traffic on cisco router (1760).
There is very good command on linux systems - iptraf or ehterall (ethercap).
But I don't see anything like that on cisco.

I want to know a few things - for example
- is there any traffic from 192.168.0.7 (Vlan1) where setination port is 53
(both tcp and udp)
- is there any traffic from 192.168.0.55 (and I want filter only this
traffic)
- is there any traffic to destination port 53 ( on all interfaces, and only
Vlan 1)
I want see those packets.

From WAN I have FastEthernet interface, from internal I have 4-port switch
which is configured like 4 differents ports (there are 4 Vlans with 4
different ip subnets).
Vlan 1 - is LAN
Vlan 4 - is DMZ.

Thanks in advanced.
Domnik

JohnD

debug ip along with various filters, I think. But be careful.

"Dominik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fq74u8$1s1c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi !
>
> I can't find how to view current ip traffic on cisco router (1760).
> There is very good command on linux systems - iptraf or ehterall
> (ethercap).
> But I don't see anything like that on cisco.
>
> I want to know a few things - for example
> - is there any traffic from 192.168.0.7 (Vlan1) where setination port is
> 53 (both tcp and udp)
> - is there any traffic from 192.168.0.55 (and I want filter only this
> traffic)
> - is there any traffic to destination port 53 ( on all interfaces, and
> only Vlan 1)
> I want see those packets.
>
> From WAN I have FastEthernet interface, from internal I have 4-port switch
> which is configured like 4 differents ports (there are 4 Vlans with 4
> different ip subnets).
> Vlan 1 - is LAN
> Vlan 4 - is DMZ.
>
> Thanks in advanced.
> Domnik

stephen

"Dominik" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fq74u8$1s1c$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi !
>
> I can't find how to view current ip traffic on cisco router (1760).
> There is very good command on linux systems - iptraf or ehterall

(ethercap).
> But I don't see anything like that on cisco.
>
> I want to know a few things - for example
> - is there any traffic from 192.168.0.7 (Vlan1) where setination port is

53
> (both tcp and udp)
> - is there any traffic from 192.168.0.55 (and I want filter only this
> traffic)
> - is there any traffic to destination port 53 ( on all interfaces, and

only
> Vlan 1)
> I want see those packets.

netflow or IP accounting is a good way to see stats about packets, but wont
show you the actual data.

both only show routed traffic unless you have something like a Cat6500.

--
Regards

domibik@gmail.com

Thanks guys !

Well - it's not perfect but maybe help a little bit.
Dominik