Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > netgear wg602 and sony IPELA

netgear wg602 and sony IPELA

mdavidson@nfwp.ws

i have a Sony IPELA camera with a wireless card, and a netgear wg602
AP my question is how do i set these up?
i want to be able to access the camera on our network either wired or
wireless. should i be looking at the client bridge modes? or am i
barking up the wrong tree?
i really dont have any knowledge with modes of operation on wireless
routers? any place for me to start looking would be great

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
You have to approach the issue from the Camera Side. I.e. it depends on what
the Camera do.
Without the camera networking specs. it is Not possible to know how the set
the Router (or and Windows).
Is it a regular WIFI? What its IP? Does it have a Web Menu interface? What
is the Wireless encryption status? etc.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>i have a Sony IPELA camera with a wireless card, and a netgear wg602
> AP my question is how do i set these up?
> i want to be able to access the camera on our network either wired or
> wireless. should i be looking at the client bridge modes? or am i
> barking up the wrong tree?
> i really dont have any knowledge with modes of operation on wireless
> routers? any place for me to start looking would be great

markdavidson

On Feb 28, 3:25*pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
> You have to approach the issue from the Camera Side. I.e. it depends on what
> the Camera do.
> Without the camera networking specs. it is Not possible to know how the set
> the Router (or and Windows).
> Is it a regular WIFI? What its IP? Does it have a Web Menu interface? What
> is the Wireless encryption status? etc.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> >i have a Sony IPELA camera with a wireless card, and a netgear wg602
> > AP my question is how do i set these up?
> > i want to be able to access the camera on our network either wired or
> > wireless. should i be looking at the client bridge modes? or am i
> > barking up the wrong tree?
> > i really dont have any knowledge with modes of operation on wireless
> > routers? any place for me to start looking would be great- Hide quoted text -

yes the camera has a web interface and i have set the IP statically.
I have left encryption off till i get things going.
it seems that it should be a simple thing to do,
turn the camera on...browse to its IP, wired or wireless

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
If your Router has the DHCP On make sure that the static IP is out of the
range of the DHCP.
Jack (MVP-Networking).

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
> You have to approach the issue from the Camera Side. I.e. it depends on
> what
> the Camera do.
> Without the camera networking specs. it is Not possible to know how the
> set
> the Router (or and Windows).
> Is it a regular WIFI? What its IP? Does it have a Web Menu interface? What
> is the Wireless encryption status? etc.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> >i have a Sony IPELA camera with a wireless card, and a netgear wg602
> > AP my question is how do i set these up?
> > i want to be able to access the camera on our network either wired or
> > wireless. should i be looking at the client bridge modes? or am i
> > barking up the wrong tree?
> > i really dont have any knowledge with modes of operation on wireless
> > routers? any place for me to start looking would be great- Hide quoted
> > text -

yes the camera has a web interface and i have set the IP statically.
I have left encryption off till i get things going.
it seems that it should be a simple thing to do,
turn the camera on...browse to its IP, wired or wireless

markdavidson

On Feb 28, 6:15*pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi
> If your Router has the DHCP On make sure that the static IP is out of the
> range of the DHCP.
> Jack (MVP-Networking).
>
> "markdavidson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Feb 28, 3:25 pm, "Jack \(MVP-Networking\)."
>

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Hi
> > You have to approach the issue from the Camera Side. I.e. it depends on
> > what
> > the Camera do.
> > Without the camera networking specs. it is Not possible to know how the
> > set
> > the Router (or and Windows).
> > Is it a regular WIFI? What its IP? Does it have a Web Menu interface? What
> > is the Wireless encryption status? etc.
> > Jack (MVP-Networking).

> > <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

> >news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > >i have a Sony IPELA camera with a wireless card, and a netgear wg602
> > > AP my question is how do i set these up?
> > > i want to be able to access the camera on our network either wired or
> > > wireless. should i be looking at the client bridge modes? or am i
> > > barking up the wrong tree?
> > > i really dont have any knowledge with modes of operation on wireless
> > > routers? any place for me to start looking would be great- Hide quoted
> > > text -

> yes the camera has a web interface and i have set the IP statically.
> I have left encryption off till i get things going.
> it seems that it should be a simple thing to do,
> turn the camera on...browse to its IP, wired or wireless- Hide quoted text -

no i dont have DHCP enabled