Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > XML > How to tell whether or not a 3 tier architecture structure is or instusing XML

How to tell whether or not a 3 tier architecture structure is or instusing XML

g_man1985@hotmail.com

I have been having a discussion with a friend about xml and its role
in three tier architecture and i was just wondering if anyone had a
definition or an opinion on how to tell whether or not a company is
using xml within their three tier architecture

thanks in advance

Joseph Kesselman

> definition or an opinion on how to tell whether or not a company is
> using xml within their three tier architecture

First, I need a definition of "three tier architecture"; I'm not
familiar with that term.

There's certainly no way to tell whether XML is being used on the back
end except by asking the company...

Andy Dingley

On 28 Feb, 16:08, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> its role in three tier architecture

The tiers must communicate. SOAP (et al.) is a good means of doing
this for many cases. Many such architectures will use XML, but it's
impossible to tell if it isn't glaringly obvious. XML doesn't leave
"traces" behind.

> whether or not a company is
> using xml within their three tier architecture

"Any Enterprise architecture expands until it uses XML for at least
one inappropriate task".
(a corollary of the law that requires emacs to read email,
probably citeable from the site <http://thedailywtf.com> )

Comments on transition from two tier to three tier architecture Ebenezer C++ 2 11-15-2010 05:44 AM
2 tier to 3 tier? NOSPAM ASP .Net 1 10-14-2004 10:51 PM
ASP v2 & 3-tier or 2-tier rob ASP .Net 1 08-13-2004 06:04 AM
Message board layered architecture 2-tier or 3-tier? Vin ASP .Net Web Services 0 07-22-2004 06:46 AM

Advertisments