Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > [off topic]some group using skills

[off topic]some group using skills

thomas

hello, I am interested in some threads of the group, but every time I
have to spend time to search it or even forget it.
is there any easy way to mark some threads as intestered and list it
whenevern I enter the group.

Micah Cowan

thomas wrote:
> hello, I am interested in some threads of the group, but every time I
> have to spend time to search it or even forget it.
> is there any easy way to mark some threads as intestered and list it
> whenevern I enter the group.

If it's possible, that'd be a function of your newsreader. You'll need
to read the documentation on your reader to determine that; and
discussing this would be much more appropriate on a forum dedicated to
that reader, than it would be here.

Gnus (a newsreader implementation for the "editor" GNU Emacs), with
which I've had past experience (and which, in fact, I'm considering
switching to again in preference to Thunderbird) has scorefiles, which
can be used to tell Gnus what sorts of messages you are particularly
interested in (and which ones you'd like to drop off the edge of a
cliff). I'm certain other readers have similar capabilities.

I imagine Google Groups must have a way to mark a thread as interesting,
or some sort of watch-this-thread feature.

Good luck!

--
Micah J. Cowan
http://micah.cowan.name/

Pavel Shved

On 28 ΖΕΧ, 12:10, thomas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> hello, I am interested in some threads of the group, but every time I
> have to spend time to search it or even forget it.
> is there any easy way to mark some threads as intestered and list it
> whenevern I enter the group.

In case of Google groups it's a star left to topic caption (did you
turn images on in your browser?) and `Favourites' link in topright
corner.

thomas

On Feb 28, 6:25*pm, Pavel Shved <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 28 ΖΕΧ, 12:10, thomas <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > hello, I am interested in some threads of the group, but every time I
> > have to spend time to search it or even forget it.
> > is there any easy way to mark some threads as intestered and list it
> > whenevern I enter the group.

> In case of Google groups it's a star left to topic caption (did you
> turn images on in your browser?) and `Favourites' link in topright
> corner.

many thanks to both of you!
Yeah, I just found the "favorites" link, and that's what I needed.