Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > i m stuck with winsnmp.....!

i m stuck with winsnmp.....!

BigZero

Hello,,

hey i m working on snmp protocol my work is to get the inforrmation of
hardware and software of machine/computer so i m using an SNMP
protocol it's fine that it work with Linux box the problem is with the
windows box well i got it for that to that we can use WinSnmp for
windows box but how can we make use winsnmp in java programming

"All i want to known is how to make use Winsnmp in java codeing"

Thanks

Vijay

Nathandelane

On Feb 27, 9:45 pm, BigZero <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hello,,
>
> hey i m working on snmp protocol my work is to get the inforrmation of
> hardware and software of machine/computer so i m using an SNMP
> protocol it's fine that it work with Linux box the problem is with the
> windows box well i got it for that to that we can use WinSnmp for
> windows box but how can we make use winsnmp in java programming
>
> "All i want to known is how to make use Winsnmp in java codeing"
>
> Thanks
>
> Vijay

Two thing s you should know - first of all SNMP is a tcp/ip protocol,
which means that a simple socket should be enough to send and receive
information to and from an SNMP client, second, there are several
libraries available - this one is open source and is probably good,
although I have never used it: www.snmp4j.org . My experience with
SNMP is mostly using Windows WMI, and Perl, Pthon, and Ruby in Linux.
I will take a closer look at the ANMP4J libraries myself, that way I
can help you later if you get stuck.

Nathan

BigZero

Thanks Nathan