Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > how to burn avi files on a dvd-disk

how to burn avi files on a dvd-disk

sdlomi2

I've got a movie with 8 "avi" files of 690mb each on my hard drive
Movie plays well in Win. Med. Player directly from the h/d. How do I burn
those 8 avi-files to a (dual-layer?)dvd disk so it will play on both my
daughter's computer-type dvd-burner-player and an aunt's tv-type dvd-player?
I use Nero 6 for burning regular and dual-layer dvd's and also cd's.
Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer disc
and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?
Thanks to all who will help me. sdlomi2

sandy58

On Feb 27, 5:49 am, "sdlomi2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've got a movie with 8 "avi" files of 690mb each on my hard drive
> Movie plays well in Win. Med. Player directly from the h/d. How do I burn
> those 8 avi-files to a (dual-layer?)dvd disk so it will play on both my
> daughter's computer-type dvd-burner-player and an aunt's tv-type dvd-player?
> I use Nero 6 for burning regular and dual-layer dvd's and also cd's.
> Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer disc
> and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?
> Thanks to all who will help me. sdlomi2

sdlomi2, does your e-mail address work?
You need to convert the .avi to DVD or similar. That size of .avi will
expand so you may only manage to get two on one DVD. I use VSO
ConvertXtoDVD & CopyToDVD when doing this kind of thing. If your e-
mail works & you don't have this stuff, post here & I'll send you the
necessary. I think maybe I have a graphic tuition here too.

sdlomi2

"sandy58" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Feb 27, 5:49 am, "sdlomi2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I've got a movie with 8 "avi" files of 690mb each on my hard drive
>> Movie plays well in Win. Med. Player directly from the h/d. How do I
>> burn
>> those 8 avi-files to a (dual-layer?)dvd disk so it will play on both my
>> daughter's computer-type dvd-burner-player and an aunt's tv-type
>> dvd-player?
>> I use Nero 6 for burning regular and dual-layer dvd's and also cd's.
>> Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer
>> disc
>> and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?
>> Thanks to all who will help me. sdlomi2

> sdlomi2, does your e-mail address work?
> You need to convert the .avi to DVD or similar. That size of .avi will
> expand so you may only manage to get two on one DVD. I use VSO
> ConvertXtoDVD & CopyToDVD when doing this kind of thing. If your e-
> mail works & you don't have this stuff, post here & I'll send you the
> necessary. I think maybe I have a graphic tuition here too.

Thx, sandy58. Pls. check YOUR email for working addy. s

sdlomi2

"sandy58" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Feb 27, 5:49 am, "sdlomi2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I've got a movie with 8 "avi" files of 690mb each on my hard drive
>> Movie plays well in Win. Med. Player directly from the h/d. How do I
>> burn
>> those 8 avi-files to a (dual-layer?)dvd disk so it will play on both my
>> daughter's computer-type dvd-burner-player and an aunt's tv-type
>> dvd-player?
>> I use Nero 6 for burning regular and dual-layer dvd's and also cd's.
>> Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer
>> disc
>> and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?
>> Thanks to all who will help me. sdlomi2

> sdlomi2, does your e-mail address work?
> You need to convert the .avi to DVD or similar. That size of .avi will
> expand so you may only manage to get two on one DVD. I use VSO
> ConvertXtoDVD & CopyToDVD when doing this kind of thing. If your e-
> mail works & you don't have this stuff, post here & I'll send you the
> necessary. I think maybe I have a graphic tuition here too.

BTW: Think I erred elsewhere. When I d/l'd this movie, just for
practice of course, there were 8 rar-files. But, each of the 2-8 opened
rars produced replicas of the 1st one--each one being the complete movie.
Thus, the movie is only one avi-file--690 mb-worth. BTW, I burned it with
Nero, as a data disk, and it plays on Win. Med. Player--dunno about other
players, other than paradoxically (To me!), it wouldn't then play on Nero
Med. Player--only the sound. s

sdlomi2

"sdlomi2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:H67xj.99691$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> I've got a movie with 8 "avi" files of 690mb each on my hard drive
> Movie plays well in Win. Med. Player directly from the h/d. How do I burn
> those 8 avi-files to a (dual-layer?)dvd disk so it will play on both my
> daughter's computer-type dvd-burner-player and an aunt's tv-type
> dvd-player? I use Nero 6 for burning regular and dual-layer dvd's and also
> cd's.
> Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer disc
> and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?
> Thanks to all who will help me. sdlomi2

This email works by removing the obvious--AND reminding me to check that
box! Thx again, s

sandy58

On Feb 27, 5:49 am, "sdlomi2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I've got a movie with 8 "avi" files of 690mb each on my hard drive
> Movie plays well in Win. Med. Player directly from the h/d. How do I burn
> those 8 avi-files to a (dual-layer?)dvd disk so it will play on both my
> daughter's computer-type dvd-burner-player and an aunt's tv-type dvd-player?
> I use Nero 6 for burning regular and dual-layer dvd's and also cd's.
> Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer disc
> and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?
> Thanks to all who will help me. sdlomi2

e-mail sent.

sdlomi2

"sandy58" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Feb 27, 5:49 am, "sdlomi2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I've got a movie with 8 "avi" files of 690mb each on my hard drive
>> Movie plays well in Win. Med. Player directly from the h/d. How do I
>> burn
>> those 8 avi-files to a (dual-layer?)dvd disk so it will play on both my
>> daughter's computer-type dvd-burner-player and an aunt's tv-type
>> dvd-player?
>> I use Nero 6 for burning regular and dual-layer dvd's and also cd's.
>> Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer
>> disc
>> and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?
>> Thanks to all who will help me. sdlomi2

> e-mail sent.

...to bellsouth or yahoo? tx, s

Gaius Baltar

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 00:49:13 -0500, "sdlomi2" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> I've got a movie with 8 "avi" files of 690mb each on my hard drive
>Movie plays well in Win. Med. Player directly from the h/d. How do I burn
>those 8 avi-files to a (dual-layer?)dvd disk so it will play on both my
>daughter's computer-type dvd-burner-player and an aunt's tv-type dvd-player?
>I use Nero 6 for burning regular and dual-layer dvd's and also cd's.

> Next, can I just burn those 8 avi-files "directly" to a dual-layer disc
>and Win. Med. Player then play the movie directly from that disk?

Yes

If you do that, any PC will be able to play them provided it is
powerful enough and has the required video and audio codecs.

Your aunt's DVD player might be able to play the AVIs if it is
designed to play AVIs and if the AVIs don't use "complex encoding"
(qpel and gmc)

gb

swordm

Use Total Video2Dvd Author convert avi movie to video DVD, simply and
directly, work on home dvd player

you can download this software FREE:
http://www.effectmatrix.com/total_vi...thor/index.htm

> Easy convert, author and burn Youtube Flv, Avi, Divx, Xvid, Rm, Rmvb, Wmv, Mpeg, Mp4, 3gp, Mkv, Ogm, etc. to DVD Video Disc or ISO image, simply and directly.
> Support .srt . sub .ssa .ass .smi .psb .tex .idx subtitles;
> Support dvd menu with background music;
> Support photo slideshow to dvd;
> Easy to use, only a few clicks.

Especial: support download youtube and other video share website
video, then burn it to dvd.