Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > How to have 2 wireless adapters on Laptop

How to have 2 wireless adapters on Laptop

mikeS

I'm using Vista Business. My Sony laptop has a built in Intel wireless g
adapter that works with my Belkin n1 Vision wireless router. I've purchase
a Belkin n1 wireless card adapter. The card has much stronger signal
strength in some settings and would like to be able to choose to use it when
appropriate. Both adapters identify the same Belkin wireless network I call
home63. The internal card logs in automatically. I cannot get the security
key to be accepted for the Belkin card for the same network. I've
disconnected from the home63 built in wireless then tried to establish a
connection with the Belkin but am unsuccessful. I've fiddled with Manage a
Wireless Network and it sure looks like there should be a way to have both
wireless adapters going essentially at the same time and the stronger signal
be the priority, or at the least be able to select which connection to use.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jack \(MVP-Networking\).

Hi
May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/metrics.html
Jack (MVP-Networking).

"mikeS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm using Vista Business. My Sony laptop has a built in Intel wireless g
> adapter that works with my Belkin n1 Vision wireless router. I've
> purchase a Belkin n1 wireless card adapter. The card has much stronger
> signal strength in some settings and would like to be able to choose to
> use it when appropriate. Both adapters identify the same Belkin wireless
> network I call home63. The internal card logs in automatically. I cannot
> get the security key to be accepted for the Belkin card for the same
> network. I've disconnected from the home63 built in wireless then tried
> to establish a connection with the Belkin but am unsuccessful. I've
> fiddled with Manage a Wireless Network and it sure looks like there should
> be a way to have both wireless adapters going essentially at the same time
> and the stronger signal be the priority, or at the least be able to select
> which connection to use. Any ideas would be appreciated.

mikeS

Thanks Jack. Got a good piece of information with your tip and link. If it
doesn't solve this particular problem I know it would help in some others.
I'll do some experimenting.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...