Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Information sources

Information sources

new2IT

I can see posting here is a total waste of time.

"PAJ" wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:27:01 -0800, new2IT
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I am looking for actuall industry information, not for study or course info.
> >The site that CBIC gave was very interesting and I thank you for giving
> >giving it to me.

> The BOFH link? Have you got pimples? Position vacant.

CBIC

"new2IT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I can see posting here is a total waste of time.

That was fast. It usually takes a n00b alot longer to figure that out.

CBIC

"new2IT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the incite CBIC, now when I have some spare time I will narrow
> down the 78,400,000 hits that I recieved from google.

Everyone needs a hobby. Glad I could help.

PAJ

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:31:00 -0800, new2IT
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>"PAJ" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:27:01 -0800, new2IT
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >I am looking for actuall industry information, not for study or course info.
>> >The site that CBIC gave was very interesting and I thank you for giving
>> >giving it to me.

>> The BOFH link? Have you got pimples? Position vacant.
>>

>I can see posting here is a total waste of time.

PFY, rings no bells? Just being light hearted there. No need to get
bitter.
I have posted you some links. I use them daily and they provide me with
all the information I need.
If you are going to get on in your new profession you will need become
proficient in the use of search engines and learn to narrow down those
searches.

Robert Williams [CertGuard]

"new2IT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am looking for actuall industry information, not for study or course info.
> The site that CBIC gave was very interesting and I thank you for giving
> giving it to me. All I want to know is where people in the industry go to to
> learn about new technology coming out or insider information concerning the
> field. I understand that there are probably a lot of sites, I know that
> there was plenty in my previous field as well but I could still narrow it
> down to a handfull that I used all the time.

For that sort of info you may want to seek out some of the online news
communities. Network World is one best. They have Microsoft, Cisco, and Careers
Subnets that are all geared towards different users and groups, and they also
have bloggers within each area that report on specific areas of each discipline.

http://www.networkworld.com
http://www.networkworld.com/careers/
http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/microsoft/
http://www.networkworld.com/subnets/cisco/

Good Luck!!

--
Robert Williams
http://www.CertGuard.com

Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]

"new2IT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Having been a Financial Advisor I know that industry information comes from
> all sorts of places. Being somewhat new to the IT industry I would like to
> get ideas on where everyone gets there industry information from. I use the
> Microsoft website a lot, but I would like to know of any other favorite
> websites, newsletters or magazines that you guys and gals also use.
>
> Thanks

All joking aside, and there were a few good ones here (Fris and CBIC),
I.T. is a community. And by just being a part of it, information comes
in all direction -- solicited or not. We are read blogs, RSS feeds,
website, magazines, whitepapers, porn, etc.. We attend conferences,
listen to Steve talk about WS2k8, VS2k8, and SQL2k8 like I did this
morning, or webcasts from Vlad Mazak. It's just there.

new2IT

I just want to take a minute and go back to a sentence in my original post.

"I use the Microsoft website a lot, but I would like to know of any other
favorite
websites, newsletters or magazines that you guys and gals also use."

I was not asking for people to tell me to go out and use google or any other
search engine for that matter, I can do that on my own. And Bill I was being
facetious concerning the 78 million hits, I do know how to narrow that down
but I would still get a great deal of hits. All I was asking from the
"professionals" who post here was what are some of your favorite sites or
sources you get information from. I do want to thank Robert for his posts
you responded to my question seriously and did not try to belittle my
intelligence by saying "one word-google" ,"If you are going to get on in your
new profession you will need become
proficient in the use of search engines and learn to narrow down those
searches" or the best of them all "Wow! You have l33t google skilz!!!!".

So again thank you Robert for your respnonse and as far as for the rest of
you who claim to be professionals in the field I ask you one thing, look up
the word professional and check out the definition.

CBIC

"new2IT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...

> So again thank you Robert for your respnonse and as far as for the rest of
> you who claim to be professionals in the field I ask you one thing, look
> up
> the word professional and check out the definition.

two words-lighten up

CBIC

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

> "new2IT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> So again thank you Robert for your respnonse and as far as for the rest
>> of
>> you who claim to be professionals in the field I ask you one thing, look
>> up
>> the word professional and check out the definition.

I would also like to add that I don't have time to look words up. I'm a
highly trained IT professional with a lot of work to do.

PAJ

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:31:01 -0800, new2IT
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"Wow! You have l33t google skilz!!!!".

Thanks
You are not the first to pick up on this.

Divng into Digital/Useful Sources of information Stan Lipnowski Digital Photography 3 08-03-2004 12:03 AM
Re: Information Sources Grog in Ohio MCSE 0 01-09-2004 09:42 PM
RE: Information Sources =?Utf-8?B?TG5rV2l6YXJk?= MCSE 0 01-09-2004 03:52 PM
Information Sources Marko MCSE 0 01-08-2004 10:59 PM
Re: Information Sources Politician Spock MCSE 0 01-08-2004 05:02 PM

Advertisments