Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Information sources

Information sources

new2IT

Having been a Financial Advisor I know that industry information comes from
all sorts of places. Being somewhat new to the IT industry I would like to
get ideas on where everyone gets there industry information from. I use the
Microsoft website a lot, but I would like to know of any other favorite
websites, newsletters or magazines that you guys and gals also use.

Thanks

CBIC

"new2IT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Having been a Financial Advisor I know that industry information comes
> from
> all sorts of places. Being somewhat new to the IT industry I would like
> get ideas on where everyone gets there industry information from. I use
> the
> Microsoft website a lot, but I would like to know of any other favorite
> websites, newsletters or magazines that you guys and gals also use.
>
> Thanks

I read BOFH on theregister.com. There's a ton of good info there.

JaR

On 2/26/2008,CBIC had the unmitigated gall to claim:

> "new2IT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Having been a Financial Advisor I know that industry information
> > comes from all sorts of places. Being somewhat new to the IT
> > industry I would like to get ideas on where everyone gets there
> > industry information from. I use the Microsoft website a lot, but
> > I would like to know of any other favorite websites, newsletters or
> > magazines that you guys and gals also use.
> >
> > Thanks

> I read BOFH on theregister.com. There's a ton of good info there.

Simon Rules.

Now if I could just figure out how to hack the elevator like he does....

--
JaR
Or the beancounter's boxen...

Robert Williams [CertGuard]

"new2IT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Having been a Financial Advisor I know that industry information comes from
> all sorts of places. Being somewhat new to the IT industry I would like to
> get ideas on where everyone gets there industry information from. I use the
> Microsoft website a lot, but I would like to know of any other favorite
> websites, newsletters or magazines that you guys and gals also use.
>
> Thanks

That all really depends on the type of resources you're looking for. There are
really too many resources to list in one place. Since you're in a certification
newsgroup though, I'll presume you're looking for cert related info. Even with
the field narrowed down, there are still questions that need to be answered
before anyone can really point you in a direction that would help you. Are you
looking for study materials? Are you looking for info on a specific
certification? Do you want to know about a certain exam? Are you looking for
facts or opinions about any of those?

--
Robert Williams
http://www.CertGuard.com

new2IT

I am looking for actuall industry information, not for study or course info.
The site that CBIC gave was very interesting and I thank you for giving
giving it to me. All I want to know is where people in the industry go to to
learn about new technology coming out or insider information concerning the
field. I understand that there are probably a lot of sites, I know that
there was plenty in my previous field as well but I could still narrow it
down to a handfull that I used all the time.

"Robert Williams [CertGuard]" wrote:

> "new2IT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Having been a Financial Advisor I know that industry information comes from
> > all sorts of places. Being somewhat new to the IT industry I would like to
> > get ideas on where everyone gets there industry information from. I use the
> > Microsoft website a lot, but I would like to know of any other favorite
> > websites, newsletters or magazines that you guys and gals also use.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> That all really depends on the type of resources you're looking for. There are
> really too many resources to list in one place. Since you're in a certification
> newsgroup though, I'll presume you're looking for cert related info. Even with
> the field narrowed down, there are still questions that need to be answered
> before anyone can really point you in a direction that would help you. Are you
> looking for study materials? Are you looking for info on a specific
> certification? Do you want to know about a certain exam? Are you looking for
> facts or opinions about any of those?
>
> --
> Robert Williams
> http://www.CertGuard.com
> http://www.NetworkWorld.com/community/integrity/

CBIC

"new2IT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am looking for actuall industry information, not for study or course
>info.

One word-google

PAJ

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 10:27:01 -0800, new2IT
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am looking for actuall industry information, not for study or course info.
>The site that CBIC gave was very interesting and I thank you for giving
>giving it to me.

The BOFH link? Have you got pimples? Position vacant.

new2IT

Thanks for the incite CBIC, now when I have some spare time I will narrow
down the 78,400,000 hits that I recieved from google.

"CBIC" wrote:

> "new2IT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am looking for actuall industry information, not for study or course
> >info.

> One word-google

Bill Hileman

"new2IT" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for the incite CBIC, now when I have some spare time I will narrow
> down the 78,400,000 hits that I recieved from google.

Wow! You have l33t google skilz!!!!

PAJ

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:25:00 -0800, new2IT
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Having been a Financial Advisor I know that industry information comes from
>all sorts of places. Being somewhat new to the IT industry I would like to
>get ideas on where everyone gets there industry information from. I use the
>Microsoft website a lot, but I would like to know of any other favorite
>websites, newsletters or magazines that you guys and gals also use.

Sites I visit most often:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp
http://technet.microsoft.com
http://techrepublic.com.com
http://www.theregister.co.uk/
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/
http://www.news.com/
http://www.vnunet.com/
http://www.thetechzone.com/

All are links I got using Google many moons ago.

Divng into Digital/Useful Sources of information Stan Lipnowski Digital Photography 3 08-03-2004 12:03 AM
Re: Information Sources Grog in Ohio MCSE 0 01-09-2004 09:42 PM
RE: Information Sources =?Utf-8?B?TG5rV2l6YXJk?= MCSE 0 01-09-2004 03:52 PM
Information Sources Marko MCSE 0 01-08-2004 10:59 PM
Re: Information Sources Politician Spock MCSE 0 01-08-2004 05:02 PM

Advertisments