Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Specifying array types.

Specifying array types.

tragomaskhalos

On Feb 25, 8:09*pm, "(E-Mail Removed)"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On Feb 25, 3:00 pm, Andrey Tarasevich <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
> > const double (*dataptr)[2] = data;

> Thanks. Is that just a matter of memorizing things, or is there some
> rule that you can use to figure out how to declare types like that?

In addition to what others have said, I'd add that this is
one of those things that looks very complicated when spelled
out in an algorithm, but is a lot easier in practice - sort
of like riding a bicycle. You could informally summarise reading
a decaration as "start in the middle, start going right, and then
ricochet between parens". At least this is how I mentally model
it when I'm doing it !