Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Is this tutorial good ?

Is this tutorial good ?

johnnash

http://www2.its.strath.ac.uk/courses/c/

seems elaborate to me.

johnnash

What are your opinions about Coronado Enterprises Tutorials ??

Richard Heathfield

johnnash said:

> http://www2.its.strath.ac.uk/courses/c/

It looks better than most, although I did spot several inaccuracies as I
glanced through it.

The two I recommend are:

<http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/cclass/>

and

<http://cprog.tomsweb.net/cintro.html>

Email: -http://www. +rjh@

johnnash

On Feb 25, 11:11 pm, Richard Heathfield <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> johnnash said:
>
> >http://www2.its.strath.ac.uk/courses/c/

> It looks better than most, although I did spot several inaccuracies as I
> glanced through it.
>
> The two I recommend are:
>
> <http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/cclass/>
>
> and
>
> <http://cprog.tomsweb.net/cintro.html>

> Email: -http://www. +rjh@

Thanks the first one seems to be good.

santosh

johnnash wrote:

> Coronado Enterprises Tutorials

Well they ask for an email address to get a ZIP file of the first three
chapters and the associated code. And the tutorial has to be bought for
$15. Not my cup of tea.

The first three chapters and the code look okay to me, but in my
opinion, it's not worth the price, given that many good free tutorials
are already available, links to two of which Richard has already given.
YMMV of course.

Andrey Tarasevich

johnnash wrote:
> http://www2.its.strath.ac.uk/courses/c/
>
> seems elaborate to me.

I haven't looked through the whole thing, but checking some "usual
suspects" often produced the "expected" results...

This tutorial, as many others, make an attempt to reinvent the
terminology and often gets lost in it. For example, instead of using the
standard notions of linkage and storage duration, they decided to follow
to more down-to-earth approach to describing object properties by
separating variables into 'global', 'external', 'static' classes and so
on. Then they suddenly define static variable as a particular kind of
_local_ variable

http://www2.its.strath.ac.uk/courses...00000000000000

What about static variables declared at file scope? They don't seem to
have a place in any of their categories...

--
Best regards,
Andrey Tarasevich

WANG Cong

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 09:52:52 -0800,johnnash wrote:

> http://www2.its.strath.ac.uk/courses/c/
>
> seems elaborate to me.

I recommend this one:
http://publications.gbdirect.co.uk/c_book/