Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: integrating python with owl

Re: integrating python with owl

Robert Bossy

Noorhan Abbas wrote:
> Hello,
> I have developed an ontology using protege owl and I wonder if you
> can help me get any documentation on how to integrate it with python.

Hi,

It depends on what you mean by integrating.

If you mean reading OWL files generated by Protégé, there are some
Python libraries out there though I never tested any:
http://eulersharp.sourceforge.net/20.../owllogic.html
http://seth-scripting.sourceforge.net/

I must warn you, the OWL written by Protégé isn't quite straightforward
to parse. Anyway RDFLib seems to be the canonical library for parsing
and processing RDF/RDFS.

If your goal is to develop plugins in Python. Well... I expect that any
solution is based on Jython. A quick googling gave me JOT which is more
like a scripting console for Protégé:
http://protege.cim3.net/file/work/fi.../jot-tutorial/

Cheers,
RB