Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Olympic Games problem.

Olympic Games problem.

Knut Arvid Keilen

Two or three Norwegian cities or places are currently competing for the
placement and arrangement of the next Olympic Games.

The estimated price tag is 20 billion Norwegian Krones (20 000 000 000).

One of the cities in question is Tromso / Troms, Northern Norway.

To my current knowledge, police in that city are currently struggling with a
crime / prostitution wave out of proportions.

In comparison, I was recently looking through some papers regarding the size
of the flat that I am currently living in.

Official papers lists the size of my flat as 62 square meters. The former
owner of my flat had some rebuilding going on
and the size should now be set as 58 square meters.

I had this question up for a Norwegian department. Some days later I
received a letter stating the size of my flat as 60 square meters.
This letter was stated as being non-public (or private).

3 days later I received a letter from the local Police Department / District
asking me to pay a fine of 5.000 NOK for obstructing the law.

What should I do ? Pay the fine ?

Thanks for any help !

Mike Easter

Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:
Subject: Olympic Games problem.

Yeah, right. This BS (baloney) is a Games problem. Uh huh.

> Two or three Norwegian cities or places are currently competing for
> the placement and arrangement of the next Olympic Games.

2010 Winter Games Vancouver BC Canada
2014 Winter games Sochi Russia

2008 Summer Beijing; 2012 Summer London

Norway is not competing on the bidding for the 2016 Summer Games which
IOS sessions are being held in Copenhagen Denmark and the bidding for
the 2018 Winter has not begun.

<snip Norway prattle>

<snip flat size prattle>

> 3 days later I received a letter from the local Police Department /
> District asking me to pay a fine of 5.000 NOK for obstructing the law.
>
> What should I do ? Pay the fine ?

I don't know how it works in Norway, but in my city I would pay the fine
and appeal the decision and stop doing whatever you are doing that
appears to the police to be obstructing the law.

It seems to me that you don't get things rightly understood and then you
resist authorities' decisions.

--
Mike Easter

richard

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 07:18:48 +0100, "Knut Arvid Keilen"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Two or three Norwegian cities or places are currently competing for the
>placement and arrangement of the next Olympic Games.
>
>The estimated price tag is 20 billion Norwegian Krones (20 000 000 000).
>
>One of the cities in question is Tromso / Troms, Northern Norway.
>
>To my current knowledge, police in that city are currently struggling with a
>crime / prostitution wave out of proportions.

So is every other major city and then some.

>In comparison, I was recently looking through some papers regarding the size
>of the flat that I am currently living in.
>
>Official papers lists the size of my flat as 62 square meters. The former
>owner of my flat had some rebuilding going on
>and the size should now be set as 58 square meters.
>
>I had this question up for a Norwegian department. Some days later I
>received a letter stating the size of my flat as 60 square meters.
>This letter was stated as being non-public (or private).
>
>3 days later I received a letter from the local Police Department / District
>asking me to pay a fine of 5.000 NOK for obstructing the law.
>
>What should I do ? Pay the fine ?
>
>Thanks for any help !

If you're not guilty, challenge the ticket in court if you can.
Why would it be obstructing the law to ask a question?
If you don't pay, they win, you lose.

--

A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
Mark Twain(attributed)

Rgr

richard wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 07:18:48 +0100, "Knut Arvid Keilen"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

snip
>> 3 days later I received a letter from the local Police Department / District
>> asking me to pay a fine of 5.000 NOK for obstructing the law.
>>
>> What should I do ? Pay the fine ?
>>
>> Thanks for any help !

> If you're not guilty, challenge the ticket in court if you can.
> Why would it be obstructing the law to ask a question?
> If you don't pay, they win, you lose.

Ignore Knut. If you'll notice, he posts at least once or twice each
month about some horrendous fine the police have put on him for
seemingly innocent acts. In a little bit later post he claims the police
have also fined him recently for calling his mother.

Mara

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 04:44:17 -0500, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>richard wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 07:18:48 +0100, "Knut Arvid Keilen"
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>snip
>>> 3 days later I received a letter from the local Police Department / District
>>> asking me to pay a fine of 5.000 NOK for obstructing the law.
>>>
>>> What should I do ? Pay the fine ?
>>>
>>> Thanks for any help !

>> If you're not guilty, challenge the ticket in court if you can.
>> Why would it be obstructing the law to ask a question?
>> If you don't pay, they win, you lose.

>Ignore Knut. If you'll notice, he posts at least once or twice each
>month about some horrendous fine the police have put on him for
>seemingly innocent acts. In a little bit later post he claims the police
>have also fined him recently for calling his mother.

And for wearing knickers.

--
I've lost all sensation in my shirt.

Rgr

Mara wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 04:44:17 -0500, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> richard wrote:
>>> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 07:18:48 +0100, "Knut Arvid Keilen"
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> snip

>>> If you're not guilty, challenge the ticket in court if you can.
>>> Why would it be obstructing the law to ask a question?
>>> If you don't pay, they win, you lose.

>> Ignore Knut. If you'll notice, he posts at least once or twice each
>> month about some horrendous fine the police have put on him for
>> seemingly innocent acts. In a little bit later post he claims the police
>> have also fined him recently for calling his mother.

> And for wearing knickers.

So I guess the police are knicker knockers.

>I've lost all sensation in my shirt.

I can help with that.

Mara

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:10:46 -0500, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Mara wrote:

>>> snip

>>> Ignore Knut. If you'll notice, he posts at least once or twice each
>>> month about some horrendous fine the police have put on him for
>>> seemingly innocent acts. In a little bit later post he claims the police
>>> have also fined him recently for calling his mother.

>> And for wearing knickers.
> >

>So I guess the police are knicker knockers.

<GROAN> That was *awful.* LOL

> >I've lost all sensation in my shirt.

>I can help with that.

Just help KNut get some sensation in his/her/its brain so it will go away,
willya?

--
Q. Does Usenet help stamp out ignorance?
A. That depends on whether by `stamp out' you mean `eliminate'

Rgr

Mara wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:10:46 -0500, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Mara wrote:

>>> And for wearing knickers.
>>>

>> So I guess the police are knicker knockers.

> <GROAN> That was *awful.* LOL
>
>>> I've lost all sensation in my shirt.

>> I can help with that.

> Just help KNut get some sensation in his/her/its brain so it will go away,
> willya?

I just dropped a tube of "Head-On" in the mail to him, that should cure
just about anything.
--
Next comes Zyklon-5.

dick blisters

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Mara wrote:
>> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:10:46 -0500, Rgr <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> Just help KNut get some sensation in his/her/its brain so it will go
>> away,
>> willya?

> I just dropped a tube of "Head-On" in the mail to him, that should cure
> just about anything.
> --
> Next comes Zyklon-5.

Maybe we should see if Tom Cruise has some time to go over and give KNut
some much needed assistance. Seems they deserve each other.

Mitch

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Mike Easter
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Knut Arvid Keilen wrote:
> Subject: Olympic Games problem.
>
> Yeah, right. This BS (baloney) is a Games problem. Uh huh.

Nearly everything Knut posts is named as a problem.

The last one I read explained that Britney Spears has two homes and
some Norwegian pilots got a flying assignment. God knows why those were
given together or why it is a problem.

> > Two or three Norwegian cities or places are currently competing for
> > the placement and arrangement of the next Olympic Games.

> 2010 Winter Games Vancouver BC Canada
> 2014 Winter games Sochi Russia

> > 3 days later I received a letter from the local Police Department /
> > District asking me to pay a fine of 5.000 NOK for obstructing the law.
> >
> > What should I do ? Pay the fine ?

This is an example of what I mean: what does the first topic have to do
with the second? How is either one a problem?
Knut needs to be under someone's care, and kept away from the computer.