Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > DVD Video > At least we truely now know who to ultimately blame for the prolonged HDDVD/blu ray war!

At least we truely now know who to ultimately blame for the prolonged HDDVD/blu ray war!

GMAN

http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...ath-of-hd-dvd/

"Through 2005, Toshiba continued to struggle with HD-DVD. The components
required to to render HD video and display Microsoft’s HDi were similar to a
low-end PC, and cost roughly $675 just for the bill of materials. That left
Toshiba with a major hardware loss when trying to sell the players at a $500
consumer price target. The company was ready to drop HD-DVD that year and join
the Blu-Ray consortium, but Microsoft pushed it to continue."

Toshiba was ready to drop HD-DVD in 2005 and join the Blu-Ray consortium, but
Microsoft pushed it to continue????? FIGURES!!!!!!

Aaron Lawrence

On a pleasant day while strolling in alt.video.dvd, a
person by the name of GMAN exclaimed:
> "Through 2005, Toshiba continued to struggle with HD-DVD. The components
> required to to render HD video and display Microsoft’s HDi were similar to a
> low-end PC, and cost roughly $675 just for the bill of materials. That left
> Toshiba with a major hardware loss when trying to sell the players at a $500
> consumer price target. The company was ready to drop HD-DVD that year and join
> the Blu-Ray consortium, but Microsoft pushed it to continue."

Just another in a long line of leemings who think that
somehow their deal with Microsoft is different from
everyone before and will work out.

If you dance with the devil...

--
aaronl at consultant dot com
For every expert, there is an equal and

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 03:30:51 +1200, Aaron Lawrence
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On a pleasant day while strolling in alt.video.dvd, a
>person by the name of GMAN exclaimed:
>> "Through 2005, Toshiba continued to struggle with HD-DVD. The components
>> required to to render HD video and display Microsoft’s HDi were similar to a
>> low-end PC, and cost roughly $675 just for the bill of materials. That left
>> Toshiba with a major hardware loss when trying to sell the players at a $500
>> consumer price target. The company was ready to drop HD-DVD that year and join
>> the Blu-Ray consortium, but Microsoft pushed it to continue."

>Just another in a long line of leemings who think that
>somehow their deal with Microsoft is different from
>everyone before and will work out.
>
>If you dance with the devil...

The word is LEMMING, you ****ing LemTard!

You're a goddamned retard.

hose

"GMAN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:fpsf2j$jb9$(E-Mail Removed)...

> http://www.roughlydrafted.com/2008/0...ath-of-hd-dvd/
>

> "Through 2005, Toshiba continued to struggle with HD-DVD. The components
> required to to render HD video and display Microsoft's HDi were similar to
> low-end PC, and cost roughly $675 just for the bill of materials. That
> left
> Toshiba with a major hardware loss when trying to sell the players at a
> $500
> consumer price target. The company was ready to drop HD-DVD that year and
> join
> the Blu-Ray consortium, but Microsoft pushed it to continue."

another blogger among millions with just alot of conspiracy theories and
opinions.

MS is not any different than Sony or any other company, both want to be
monopolies and profit in #1 and that's not news.